New to the website

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rmarris

New to the website

#1 Post by rmarris »

Hello all that vist this website. i am new to this website ans am so glad that I found it. I am a 23 yead old residence counselor taht just began my joury in the orthodontic world last week. I have never liked my smile and finally decided to take the plunge and go to the orthodontist. I work in a place where I attend meeting a lot and am worried that I will look funny with bracces but then decided what the heck it is my teeth and i am making them better this way. I have had spacers in for a week and one more week to go then I get breaces on, can't wait to get differnt colors, if I am going to do this i might as well have fun doing it.
~Beckie :D

LoobyLou

#2 Post by LoobyLou »

Welcome aboard rmarris! Good luck with your treatment, you've found a great place to come for support, tips and a good old vent!

LoobyLou :-1
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

Geri

#3 Post by Geri »

Hi rmarris! :-1 Glad to see you've found this board...its a source of great help and support. Looking forward to hearing about your othodontic journey.
Music in the soul can be heard by the universe
Upper ceramics: 3 Oct 2005, Lower metals: 1 Nov 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces remove: April 4, 2007!

HeadgearJoe

Re: New to the website

#4 Post by HeadgearJoe »

rmarris wrote:Hello all that vist this website. i am new to this website ans am so glad that I found it. I am a 23 yead old residence counselor taht just began my joury in the orthodontic world last week. I have never liked my smile and finally decided to take the plunge and go to the orthodontist. I work in a place where I attend meeting a lot and am worried that I will look funny with bracces but then decided what the heck it is my teeth and i am making them better this way. I have had spacers in for a week and one more week to go then I get breaces on, can't wait to get differnt colors, if I am going to do this i might as well have fun doing it.
~Beckie :D
hi an congrats, yep i to as well get many different colors , your right if they can be seen you may as well do colors , i'm in glow in the dark green this month , there cool , charge them up with a bright light , crawl into bed with the mrs lights out , well untill i open my mouth , anyway welcome an congrats , HEADGEARJOE
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

BraceUrself

#5 Post by BraceUrself »

First of all welcome aboard-glad you came here to share your experiences with us.

Secondly, I have my 1st adjustment next Monday & I plan to get some color too on my ligs-I have have had pearl colored ligs from the beginning so I think its time to shake things up a bit! I'm excited about it!

Good luck to you when your braces go on! :D
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

TinnGrinn

#6 Post by TinnGrinn »

I have had my braces on for over a week now and I have attended several big meetings and presentations and I have found it's not a problem at all. I was afraid they would be a problem when trying to communicate but I am very glad that no one seems to notice or if they did it wasn't a big deal.