Hi

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dena

Hi

#1 Post by dena »

This is my first post. I'm planning on getting braces soon and am researching potential orthodontists now. Does anyone have an specific advice on how to pick the best doctor/treatment facility? I've seen two so far and felt one was more up front and honest than the other...but I have one more to go. What do others think?

summergirl

#2 Post by summergirl »

I would keep going untill you feel comfortable with the ortho.I went to one and I felt I was in an assembly line.So I would keep making appointments untill your are totaly comfortable ,because you will be seeing him or her for about 2-3 years so make it a good one.I wish you the best of luck and don't be afraid to ask lots of questions .
summergirl

butterfly

#3 Post by butterfly »

I eventually picked the one who told me about all the bad things about braces - painkillers, forbidden foods, flossing nightmares... All other doctors didn't even mention it. So I thought this one I can trust.
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner