Greencapt- Now fortified with 100% more pics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fyrelight

#16 Post by fyrelight »

Awesome progress, Capt... BTW, are you missing a canine on top? I'm a canine-watcher, since both mine were impacted at one time, so I tend to notice. Are they going to have issues with your midline because of that? Or are you going to get an implant for it, or what?

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity! :wink:
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

greencapt

#17 Post by greencapt »

fyrelight wrote:Awesome progress, Capt... BTW, are you missing a canine on top? I'm a canine-watcher, since both mine were impacted at one time, so I tend to notice. Are they going to have issues with your midline because of that? Or are you going to get an implant for it, or what?

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity! :wink:
You ARE the observant one fyrelight! :wink:

Yes, in my teens the canine on my left side was crowded to the point of being 'shark-like' and due to budget at the time it was easier to just have it pulled. So am I *missing* it? No, its in a box at home because I kept it... but its no longer in my mouth. :P

In the second 'phase' of being braced (I'm guessing elastics) I'm told the midline will be corrected as best possible and supposedly the next tooth back will be contoured a bit to make it canine-ish. Sort of a mock-canine. :)

The only implant I'm looking at getting is a lower one as there's one gap that will be too big to close I'm told.

fyrelight

#18 Post by fyrelight »

Thanks Capt! Curiosity satisfied.... :) That's neat you kept it! I tried to keep some of my baby teeth as a child, but after a few years, they all broke into pieces, so I tossed 'em. :roll:
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

strugglebuggy

#19 Post by strugglebuggy »

WOW! :shock: Your progress is phenomenal! You must be so happy! :dance:

Congrats on your baby, too!

Dodger(UK)

#20 Post by Dodger(UK) »

I knew you were a transformation in waiting, Greencapt, when I first saw your before shots. Nice to see that the amazing changes have happened in such a short space of time ;) It's good to get that natural arch shape back to your upper and lower teeth, after years of overcrowding and misalignment. Amazing progress!

strugglebuggy

#21 Post by strugglebuggy »

Amen to that, Dodger!

AustinWired

#22 Post by AustinWired »

WOW! I can't even tell you how painful that expander thingy looks to me, but your progress is AMAZING! Your arch looks awesome! Congratulations on your success! You must be elated. :dance:
Braced 1/27/2005
De-Braced 12/5/2005
Ceramic brackets, now in Essix retainers!

greencapt

#23 Post by greencapt »

AustinWired wrote:WOW! I can't even tell you how painful that expander thingy looks to me, but your progress is AMAZING! Your arch looks awesome! Congratulations on your success! You must be elated. :dance:
I'm sure elated will come but for now I'm just... surprised- in a good way. :wink: And yes, the expander was/is a pain in the rear- and of the whole braced experience so far the worst of the lot. The brackets, wires, et al I could deal with but there were so many times I wanted that dang expander ripped out of my mouth! And it will be- in time for Thanksgiving too!!!!! :-88

strugglebunny- I and the soon to be baby thank you! :D

DodgerUK- You as always were/are an inspiration. Cheers mate!

fyrelight- I could rent you my old canine for a nominal fee if you'd like to relive your youth. ;)

meryaten- crack you up? How so??? There's nothing amusing nor sarcastic in the least in any of my posts... :jokerlaugh:

greencapt

#24 Post by greencapt »

Yeah I got my Quad off!! :banana: :jump: :-88 :-)o :-** Yeah I got my Quad off!! :banana: :jump: :-88 :-)o :-** Yeah I got my Quad off!! :banana: :jump: :-88 :-)o :-** Yeah I got my Quad off!! :banana: :jump: :-88 :-)o :-** Yeah I got my Quad off!! :banana: :jump: :-88 :-)o :-** Yeah I got my Quad off!! :banana: :jump: :-88 :-)o :-** Yeah I got my Quad off!! :banana: :jump: :-88 :-)o :-**

Uh, ok... I'm a little bit happy!

I cannot tell you how nice it is to have full function of my tongue (get your minds out of the gutter!) :P I'm actually able to *taste* food now without a bizarro metal aftertaste and I'm slowly regaining my ability to say my 'S's and 'F's again.

At this adjustment I also A) Got larger wires top and bottom and B) Got my first elastic! Now I can use my newly freed tongue to flic the elasitc and play little tunes. Isn't *that* special. :)

greencapt

#25 Post by greencapt »

And you NEVER want a Quad!!! LOL. Actually many folks here have had it worse so I won't complain too much. :D

One new comparison pic:

Tertia

#26 Post by Tertia »

That is pretty impressive, I think you've just inspired me!

And it took such a short time?

greencapt

#27 Post by greencapt »

Tertia wrote:That is pretty impressive, I think you've just inspired me!

And it took such a short time?
:oops: :oops: Awwww shuuccckkkkksss.... :wink:

Trust me- I was a big whiner at first. I looked and looked for ANY movement and saw none. Then it was like *POOF* and suddenly things looked much straighter. At each adjustment there would be some pain but the pleasure of movement MORE than made up for it!!

If at all possible please give it a try. Post somewhere here everyday or several times a day. We'll leave the light on for ya! :D

PS: Here's a thread that was going on when I got mine on... kinda funny to read after time: viewtopic.php?p=35837&highlight=#35837

Laserjock

#28 Post by Laserjock »

greencapt -

First thing I have to say, man: that's a sweet pipe.

Second thing: I remember when I first got my braces on my ortho told me, "Yeah, your face will change a bit once these braces are on - your goatee does a good job of hiding it now." I thought I had a pretty well-shaped face, but I can see now what he was talking about, it looks even better now, and my tooth problems weren't as serious as yours!

Looks like the shape of your face is changing - what did your ortho say about that? Were you anticipating such a change?

Keep on keepin' on.
01/2004: Spaced
02/2004: Braced
05/2004: 4 bicuspids removed
02/2006: Unbraced (I hope)

greencapt

#29 Post by greencapt »

Laserjock wrote: First thing I have to say, man: that's a sweet pipe.
Heh- thanks! I'm not a smoker, but I play one on TV... :)
Second thing: I remember when I first got my braces on my ortho told me, "Yeah, your face will change a bit once these braces are on - your goatee does a good job of hiding it now." I thought I had a pretty well-shaped face, but I can see now what he was talking about, it looks even better now, and my tooth problems weren't as serious as yours!

Looks like the shape of your face is changing - what did your ortho say about that? Were you anticipating such a change?
I knew there would be some changes but my ortho never really talked about it. We did talk about my jaw fitting/working a little better in general. And seeing as how the techs at the ortho's office usually make me put one of those Elephant Man sacks over my head when I go in for adjustments any change would be welcome... ;)
Keep on keepin' on.
Will do! Love your icon pic btw. And of course I only wear a goatee (actually a VanDyke) to make people think I'm my evil twin from the Mirror universe.

:D

momof2grlz

#30 Post by momof2grlz »

Wow, Greencapt that's awesome. Compared to when you started it looks like your braces are ready to come off (you wish, huh?) I kinda wish my teeth were as crowded as yours when I started (no offense) cuz I'm feeling discouraged about not seeing any huge changes lately. I'm in the middle of closing upper premolar extraction gaps so maybe when that's done after the first of the year my overjet can be reduced and I'll feel like something is happening. Congrats. You should be super excited. Best wishes on the baby, too. Start saving for his or her ortho bills!

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07