7 Month Progress Pics!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jaws

7 Month Progress Pics!

#1 Post by jaws »

Hi Guys,

I just thought I would post some pictures of my progress so far! I didn't have to get any extractions, since my ortho is using a procedure called 'Controlled Arch' (I'm not totally sure how this procedure works, but it seems to be doing something!):

Bottom Teeth Before:

Bottom Teeth After 7 Months:

Top Teeth Before:

Top Teeth After 7 Months:

I'm happy with my progress so far!
Braces are Now Off!
Metal Braces Top and Bottom
Expanders Top and Bottom
April 11th 2005-June 27th 2006

Al Carter

#2 Post by Al Carter »

Wow - amazing.
You should be pleased with your progress.
You have good teeth - they obviously do what they're told to do.
Work to live
Live to bike
Bike to work

LoobyLou

#3 Post by LoobyLou »

Wow those are some beautiful teeth coming along there! So you should be proud of them too!!! And all in 7 months!! Good on you jaws!

:-)o
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

Nikkiekoala

#4 Post by Nikkiekoala »

I am impressed! Very nice. I am sure you are very pleased with the progress! :thumbsup: :banana:

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

jaws

#5 Post by jaws »

Thanks Guys!

Meryaten--My upper back molars actually aren't bracketed, which is kind of strange, because I have also been wondering how those teeth have managed to stay in line! Perhaps it has something to do with this 'Controlled Arch' procedure that my ortho is using? I have no clue! Although I have heard him and the assistant talking about putting bands on my lower back molars at some point, so maybe they will do the same thing to the top someday as well!
Braces are Now Off!
Expanders Top and Bottom

greencapt

#6 Post by greencapt »

Great great progress!!! You SHOULD be very proud!!! Congrats!!!!

ThatsMrsGeek2U

#7 Post by ThatsMrsGeek2U »

That is great progress!

Do you feel it has changed how your face looks with your mouth closed? Does you mouth look less narrow/fuller? Or can you not really tell because of the braces?

Just curious. :D

nvcarissa

#8 Post by nvcarissa »

Lookin' good!! :D

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

tokidoki

#9 Post by tokidoki »

Wow, I've had mine for about 9 months. I've had some pretty dramatic improvement, but nothing as "jaw-dropping" (sorry) as yours. Congrats! P.S. Are those top and bottom expanders?

jaws

#10 Post by jaws »

Thanks again everyone!

ThatsMrsGeek2U--The one change that I have noticed is that my smile looks more broad in general, and I like it (i.e. you can see more of my teeth when I smile). I used to have a really 'small' smile because of my narrow arches. Here are some pics to show the comparison:

Before Braces:

After 5 Months in Braces:

It's a little hard to tell from these pics, but it's something that I've noticed!

KK--I think it might just be the angle/cropping of the picture that makes my chin look different in the second picture, as I haven't really noticed that it looks very different. Perhaps it doesn't 'divot' in as much on the sides, but you can't really tell if you just look at me straight on.

tokidoki--Yes, I have top and bottom 'expanders' (I have been told by orthos on this site that they are not true expanders, they are just molar positioners, but they seem to be expanding my arches!). My ortho calls them lingual arches, but he does say that they are expanding things. The 'Controlled Arch' procedure that my ortho is using involves expanding the arches from the 'inside' (using expanders) and the 'outside' (using the braces/wires), so he can control how wide he wants my arches to become.
Braces are Now Off!
Expanders Top and Bottom

drazda

#11 Post by drazda »

Wow, I can only hope for those kind of results at 7 months. Congrats!
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!