Wisdom teeth extraction while sick?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

amychelle

Wisdom teeth extraction while sick?

#1 Post by amychelle »

I Posted this in the Ask the Doc forum but I wanted to know if you guys knew anything...

The past two days I have not felt so good, but not SICK. (My throat feels bad and my ears hurt and I have a runny nose but not stopped up.)

My concern is that I am scheduled to have my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow morning. All four, pull two and cut two. Is this something I should be concerned about? Will me being "sick" have any negative effects? I really don't need to reschedule because it is very rare that I would be able to have four days in a row off. I can deal with the double discomfort, I just don't want to "infect" anything in there. :soremouth:

Any ideas?

littleshaddies

#2 Post by littleshaddies »

I don't think it should be a problem. You will not like it tho. I had cold just going away when I had my extractions. I was feeling poorly still and on top of that the non eating thing, the still keeping up with work, worst time ever.
If you are scared about tho, I am sure you can ask the dentist for amoxycilin just to be on the safe side.
Hope it goes ok and don't drink with a straw! :-1
***can't wait to bite into an aple***
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

naomi

#3 Post by naomi »

I had my wisdom teeth out a few weeks ago. The oral surgeon specifically told me if I had a sore throat or was feeling sick prior to the day I was to get my teeth out, I should call their office.
Braced on: June 28, 2004
Debanding : June 16th 2006

To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater.
Bono

aussierob

#4 Post by aussierob »

Wisdom teeth extraction can be very unpleasant, my advice is postpone until you feel 100% over the cold/flu/sickness because you really don't want anything making it worse than it needs to be.

bethne3

#5 Post by bethne3 »

I would agree with the last person who replied. I would wait until you feel 100%.
I just had all four of mine removed on Monday and I couldn't imagine going through it if I was not feeling well.

alexa

#6 Post by alexa »

I had two teeth pulled while I had the flu...throwing up when you have just had teeth pulled...really not advisable. :yuck:
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom