Wohooo got my bottoms on today (pic)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dulcinea

Wohooo got my bottoms on today (pic)

#1 Post by Dulcinea »

I have had my top braces on for 4 months to make room for bottom braces and today was the big day. My ortho told me that the bottom is going to be harder/more painful than the top has been. I have one tooth that needs to move forward, but it can't until the two on either side of it scoot over and make room.

It is funny how having the brackets and wire on there can make you realize just how crooked your teeth are!

Fireangel

Congrats

#2 Post by Fireangel »

Congrats on getting your bottom braces today. I did too! I have had my tops on for about 3 months to make room. I have crowding on the bottom also and I think they look hideous with brackets now going every different direction! My only problem now is my one front tooth hits on bottom bracket. Trying to eat or close my mouth sends a weird pain thru my mouth! Good luck on the rest of your braces journey! :lol:

Dulcinea

#3 Post by Dulcinea »

I know the feeling. I am staying "slack jawed" and not letting my teeth touch. I am very very ouchy this evening. I dread eating dinner. I think I am going to use my pain as an excuse to eat some macaroni and cheese...the forbidden dish on my diet :P

JeepGirl

#4 Post by JeepGirl »

Dulcinea,
I'll be joining the club next Tuesday, November 22nd. I've had my tops on for three months to make room for my bottoms. I think that I'll be eating mashed potatoes and gravy and maybe some stuffing for Thanksgiving. :roll:

Eleni

#5 Post by Eleni »

Dulcinea, they look good. That line will straighten out in no time!
I love the split color ligs you've got going there.

Yup, I'll be joining the bottom braces club along with you'all in 2 1/2 weeks - Dec 5th to be exact. Uppers have been on for about a year and a half. My ortho has pretty much twisted my arm to get the lowers on. :roll:
Top Ceramic Braces: July 2004 - Self-Eruption of an Impacted Upper Right Canine
Bottom Metal Braces: December 2005 - Crowding
Debanded: December 2006
The story

hannah164

#6 Post by hannah164 »

Dulcinea Congratulations on getting your lower braces!
I got mine on today! Wow! THey hurt so bad! It took a whole hour to put them on! :shock: Mine look so bad and they're so obvious! :oops: I can't even bite down all the way! I have no idea how I'm going to eat! :(
Good luck with yours!

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

Aine

#7 Post by Aine »

Hi Dulcinea,

Looks like you and I are on a similar schedule! I got my top braces on July 25th and just got my bottoms this past Tuesday, November 15th! It has been a strange feeling for the last few days getting used to perfecting a new chewing technique so that the tops and bottoms down hit too much.

weird_wired

#8 Post by weird_wired »

Snap! I got my bottom brace on today too, and so far it is nowhere near as bad as the pain with my top one. But the pain built over the first two days last time, so I'll wait and see.

I'm also finding the bottom one WAY easier to get used to - I don't need any wax, and I don't have that awful "lip doesn't stretch over properly" thing happening.

Teeth are sooooooooooo "itchy" though...