Hello there, 1st post, 1 week with braces !!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MonkeyMan

Hello there, 1st post, 1 week with braces !!

#1 Post by MonkeyMan »

Hi there

I am 20 and have recently started treatment for my overcrowded nashers. I have a 6mm underbite, 3mm crossbite and a deep bite so i will be having both my jaws broke hopefully :roll: in a couple of years to fix this.

I had 6 teeth removed on august 3rd prior to treatment on NHS which started with me getting the brackets and spacers fitted on the 25th of october, first wires and back brackets were fitted last friday.

I went for full metals and silver rubber thingys and to be honest they do not look to bad, i have seen big changes already and have felt no pain whatsoever, no sores anything !!

I could not feel my teeth for a couple of days so was living on soup but i am eating normally now.

Your posts have been super helpful, so look forward to posting my progress over the next 18-24 months !!

Ta Ta for now !!!

MonkeyMAN

LoobyLou

#2 Post by LoobyLou »

Welcome aboard MonkeyMan! You've come to a great place! Look forward to hearing about your journey in the land of braces with the rest of us!

LoobyLou :jump:
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

Mona0922

#3 Post by Mona0922 »

Kudos for taking the leap. If you're seeing progress this quick, imagine what the next few months will do. And I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the jaw breaking!