Newbie!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sophielafille

Newbie!

#1 Post by sophielafille »

Hi All,
Just got braces yesterday, ceramic on top, metal on the bottom. Clear ligs. The ceramics make me feel like I have a truck on my teeth, and I feel they make my teeth look yellow, or like there's gunk on them. Or maybe it's only been a day and I need to get used to them :) I'm on a long journey of fixing my teeth...hormones and genetics have caused some pretty advanced periodontal problems and bone loss, but I will have fabulous white straight healthy amazing looking teeth someday, I will!!

To do this month:
frenectomy
4 teeth extractions
periodontal maintenance

I also really want to get a gum graft on my lowers because my frenum has pulled my gums waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down and you can see alotta tooth root. Yuck!! Anyone done this in braces?

I am so glad to have found this forum! Lots of good food suggestions and advice. I love that I'm not the only one :)

xoxo
Sophie
Braces on November 16, 2005: Ceramic Uppers, Metal Lowers
Frenectomy done on December 5, 2005
4 extractions done on December 10
TPA installed Jan 16, 2006
Elastic Triangles started June 8, 2006
BRACES OFF!!!!!!!!!! July 17, 2007
now wearing two removable retainers. Yeah!!!!

Barbiedoll

Welcome

#2 Post by Barbiedoll »

Yes this is a great site. I have found soooo much help here.
I reject your reality … and substitute my own.

Mona0922

#3 Post by Mona0922 »

Okay, no frenectomy here, but I do have ceramics on both. It took a little bit to get used to them, but - and I'm not lying here - I seriously do forget that they're there from time to time. If I really look at them, I feel pretty gunky, but try to be good about my hygiene and trust that it looks okay to others. Your skin will stretch to cover the brackets just fine and no one else sees them the same way you do (everyone insists they really are virtually invisible, totally invisible at more than a couple feet away, even when the ligs are stained from my nasty coffee habit). Embrace your new "jewlery"!