Dream

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dkt3

Dream

#1 Post by dkt3 »

Thought I would share my strange mind because I know people with braces would understand:

Last night I had a dream about eating a peeled orange whole and when I had finished all my brackets had come off every tooth and then the wire came out. In my dream I was so worried about what my ortho would say because every bracket would need replacing and new wire!!

true_jaat

#2 Post by true_jaat »

Talking about dreams, have read in this forum before that some of the people here have had dreams of their teeth falling out but I have started having completely the opposite dreams - in my dream I look in the mirror and i see that my teeth are perfect - then in my dream I go to my ortho and start hassling him on why the hell r the braces still on if my teeth are perfect. The weird thing is I have had this a couple of times now - very strange... (not that I mind though cause I m truly very happy in the dream)
The future depends on what we do in the present.

CelestialVoices

#3 Post by CelestialVoices »

I've had many many dreams about my teeth falling out (not lately though, thankfully) and its a really scary feeling. I wonder if I'll have any wierd dreams once my orthodontic work starts...

HollyDontSpend

Scary dreams

#4 Post by HollyDontSpend »

Not only do I dream about my brackets falling off, I dream that my teeth are even worse than they were before the braces and my ortho is still planning on taking the braces off. I panic because I want my teeth to look perfect. :shock:
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05

mackenzie

#5 Post by mackenzie »

I had a dream the other night that I forgot about until this reminded me. I don't exactly remember it but I ate a no-no food and a bunch of brackets came off and everything was hanging all over the place. I was so scared of what my ortho would say because we are supposed to be working together to get my braces off faster. She gives me appointments that are closer together and I'm not supposed to eat any of the bad foods and when I get rubberbands I have to ALWAYS wear them.

n216

#6 Post by n216 »

I had a dream last night that my two front brackets came off when i woke up i was happy when they were still there i hate those plastic lip spreaders they use
spacers 9-19-05
braces 9-20-05

S_Ranger

#7 Post by S_Ranger »

Their could be different reasons for having dreams of your teeth falling out. But to keep it short, dreams like this are prolly telling you that you're concerned about your appearance/smile.

jcdamon3

#8 Post by jcdamon3 »

I have had this dream for years. I didn't really think it had anything to do with my teeth really. I thought it was a "control" dream (losing control of your life--your teeth fall out, right? What could be worse?)... till I read this:

http://www.dreamdoctor.com/common/teeth2.shtml

Wow! I didn't think it had anything to do with bruxism, which I have also been doing for years!

hannah164

#9 Post by hannah164 »

For a while I had dreams about getting bottom braces on or having major adjustments. But it wasn't all bad. I 've also had the losing your teeth dreams. That was an interesting article Jcdamon3.

-Hannah :frogbraces:

OceanGirl

#10 Post by OceanGirl »

Before I got braced I would have dreams about my teeth falling on the floor. After I got braced I had a couple of dreams where my teeth would fall out but they weren't falling on the floor because the braces were there. It was very weird.
Feb 4 2005
Top braces on
Expander on top, TMJ retainer on bottom

Dec 17 2005
Expander and retainer out
Braces on bottom, bite blocker on top

Septermber 8 2006
Bite blocker off!!!

Debanding will be Sept 2007.. FINALLY

fearthetenor

#11 Post by fearthetenor »

I get those dreams periodically, and they're a pain in the neck! JCDamon, thanks for the link. That helps me better understand what's causing them. I never though that my teeth grinding would affect it! It does make sense that people who undergo extensive dental work would have these dreams. I just wish I wasn't one of them. It's reassuring knowing that I'm not the only one who has these bizarre dreams. Good luck to all of you!
top braces: Jan 30, 2004
bottom braces: Apr 23, 2004
metal top & bottom

originally sentenced to 24 months
sentence extended to 36 months (minimum)!!!
tmj splint= 6 additional months (they're keeping the braces on)

raregem

#12 Post by raregem »

I had 1 wear my brackets and wire came off and were hanging and it was a panic dream b/c, as you know teeth will shift pretty quickly and I would have to start over.

Then 2 nights ago I dreamt my front two brackets came off so my midline was off center and all my teeth were moving. Again panic!

I woke happily to find them grinding into my cheeks. I can't say I've ever been happy about that before.

amychelle

Not falling out...

#13 Post by amychelle »

I had a dream a few nights ago that a friend of mine got braces. ???? I still had mine, and they were as they should be, but he had gotten ceramics on top only (I have metal on top only) but he doesn't need braces. He has a tiny little bitty overlap on one of his bottom teeth, but otherwise (with a whitening session) he'd have moviestar teeth.

In the dream, my neice even said "What did he get braces for? I thought his teeth were perfect?"

I remember my dream self thinking that he was doing it either to copy or comfort me. A "so you won't be alone" gesture. Which makes sense to me, I get a lot of emotional support in all areas of my life from him.

Anybody else got a clue?

Mona0922

#14 Post by Mona0922 »

So far I haven't had any dreams about my teeth or appliances doing anything heinous, but last night I dreamt that I ran into B A Baracus (aka Mr. T) in a dark alley, but then he flashed a big smile so I could see his metal uppers and told me how good my braces looked. I wonder what the dream doctor would say about that?

I'm not making fun; I really had this dream. Last night.

weird_wired

#15 Post by weird_wired »

Omigod me too - while on holiday I had a dream that all the brackets came off and I wasn't going to be able to get to my orthodontist to fix it!