One month four weeks left update *PICS*

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Evelyn

One month four weeks left update *PICS*

#1 Post by Evelyn »

I haven't posted in a while but I just realized that my ticker at the bottom now is officially on the one month and __weeks countdown....which I guess would technically be two months but it looks like one to me so I'll kid myself into believing it:) Although that's set for January 16th, and it's looking like it'll be a bit later than that but hopefully not too much. Here's my pics as they stand as of now:

ah yes I've got the glorious rubber bands but the upside to them is that I can really feel them working. Just a quick summary of my journey so far for all the newbies (by the way, welcome to archwired!) got my braces September 9, 2002 to bring down an impacted canine...you can see it now, it's my top left one. It's still not completely into postion, still got some tweaking left to do, but at least it's down.

I can't believe my ticker actually says one month and ___weeks...two months is a relative term, but for someone who's had braces for 38 months now, I might as well be touching it it's so close. It's been a long, grueling journey but maybe...just maybe....it's drawing to an end.

Much love, Eve
Last edited by Evelyn on Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

newsysuzy

#2 Post by newsysuzy »

CONGRATULATIONS Evelyn!!!!

How exciting to be so close to d-day (de-bracing)! Your teeth look absolutely beautiful. Just lovely. Thanks for sharing the pics...it gives people like me (who just started this journey) so much hope. Way to go!!!

momof2grlz

#3 Post by momof2grlz »

Enjoy doing the one month (sort of) dance! :banana: You deserve it. Your teeth look great. What a way to start off a new year!

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

Marguerite

#4 Post by Marguerite »

Your teeth look beautiful! They are so nicely shaped as well as straight. I like the ligs too. Maybe soon I will have the courage to get something besides gray!

hannah164

#5 Post by hannah164 »

Congratulations Eve!

You've definitely earned this reward after 38 months!

I've been following your story for some time now. I also have impacted teeth and they are so frustrating! Your story gives me hope that one day my teeth will look that incredible! Your teeth honestly look gorgeous! How long did it take for your impacted canine to come down?

Congratulations!
:-)o :-88 :jump: :rawk: :BigTeethGrin: :HugeGrin: :banana:

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

asianflow

#6 Post by asianflow »

Your teeth look perfect.

After you get them removed, it's look like I will hold the crown for having the braces the longest!

Evelyn

#7 Post by Evelyn »

Thank you so much everyone for all the support, it really makes it all worthwhile to get such encouraging replies back and I'm not just saying that, I truly mean it.

newsysuzy, I hope your braces journey goes well-good luck with everything!

KK, I chose the bright 'caribbean colored' ligs because I wanted to 'trick' my teeth into thinking that they were in the Virgin Islands themselves, although they're definately not as happy as they would be if they were in the Virgin Islands, it's still nice to see happy colored ligs when I'm looking in the mirror and feeling down about the braces....by the way, loving the purple banana!

Lucy, thanks so much for the encouragement, I'm sure your canines will look gorgeous when they come down-it's worth the wait.

Chris, I'm doing the dance right now:) thanks for the kind words-it would be an awesome way to start off the new year, I'm looking forward to it more than anything that's happened in a looooooooooooooong time....

Marguerite, thanks for the compliments! It's words like that they really make it seem worth the wait for these things...

Hannah, you are so sweet, thanks so much for all the encouragement you've given me when I've felt down about the whole thing not only on here but on other posts as well. I got my canine (Vicki I call her....yes, I think all this metal has gotten to me :wink:) but I got her uncovered on January 2nd 2004 for the first time and then June 11 2004 the secondt time when the tie fell off. She first poked through in March/April 2005, so that's hmmm 14 or 15 months after I got it uncovered that it first popped through, and by this I don't even mean anywhere near position. I'm so glad that this story gives you hope, I know that impacted canine cases can be especially frustrating because you are putting so much trust into things that cannot even see and trust that there is progress that you don't even know about, but if anything comes out of my journey I hope it's a message to all those with impacted canines to hang in there! Just because it may be taking a long time it doesn't mean that it won't come down or that something is wrong with it. When I got my braces on and even got the tooth uncovered this site wasn't around so I never had anyone to tell me anything about the exposure itself or the looong process of bringing it down. Have you had your uncovered yet? good luck with everything and let me know how it all goes!

Asianflow, I will gladly, and I mean gladly give up my crown if it means that I get these off...how long have you had yours?

Thanks again everyone, much love Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

hannah164

#8 Post by hannah164 »

Thanks so much Evelyn for your encouragement! One of my impacted cuspids has come down far enough and is attached with a bracket to the wire! :banana: The other one I still haven't seen at all! They were both very high up in the palate! :? Both of them were exposed 9 months ago! My ortho says that once my other impacted tooth comes down things can really get going. THat's what's really frustrating to me!. AT this rate it may never come down! :x

I finally got bottom braces after a year and a half so hopefully I can start to see some real movement soon! :wink: But you know what's really great is when your ortho tells you that you're probably his most complicated case! :huh: That's always what I wanted to know! Oh well... I guess I can't control that! :roll:

Good luck with the rest of your treatment!

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

jennielee81

#9 Post by jennielee81 »

Wow! You look great!

Time sure flies when you're having f.........well...uhh... :wink:

....Time sure flies!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Chris

#10 Post by Chris »

Looking good, Evelyn!!!
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

asianflow

#11 Post by asianflow »

Evelyn wrote: Asianflow, I will gladly, and I mean gladly give up my crown if it means that I get these off...how long have you had yours?
I'm almost at 32 months!

jenns91civic

#12 Post by jenns91civic »

Evelyn they are looking great! I know you've gotten discouraged, who wouldn't?? but you are so close to the end now! Congratulations on sticking it through. The end result will soo be worth it.

I have you both beat for the longest time in braces crown though, sorry. 1 month shy of 6 years.
Paramedic student

Full Braces (all metal) 5/12/1999 - 4/20/2005
Class II (overjet) on the left only
Upper and Lower Hawleys

Dodger(UK)

#13 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Your teeth look great, Evelyn - Congrats :D

Clo

#14 Post by Clo »

It is amazing what orthodontics can achieve.
Find an impacted tooth up there and pull it down gently into it's right spot.
I know it was a long walk for you, but it is more than rewarding. Your
teeth just look awesome. Very well done. And wow, you do clean very
well ! Your story is among the best here on this site. Thanks for sharing
this with us !

2thjewelry

#15 Post by 2thjewelry »

Bee - you - tee - ful!!!

Thanks so much for giving us your story. It's very much what I'm going through (started April 2004) and you've helped me through so much anxiety already.

I can report that I see the eensiest bit of progress now with my canine. At the last visit my orthodontist came up with the neatest thing -- two brackets on the inside of two upper teeth with a wire attached and pulling on the canine. It's very sturdy, doesn't get in the way of my speech, and best of all (drum roll please) I think it's working!!

Can't wait 'til mine are looking like yours! Congratulations to you!!