Newbie + Tooth Mousse

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kim

Newbie + Tooth Mousse

#1 Post by Kim »

Hey there

I'm Kim, 21, and have had my braces on for nearly 2 months now. I've always needed braces since I was a kid, but my parents were unable to afford it. The dentist basically said to leave it until I was old enough to afford to pay for it myself.

In the past 2 months, I've definiately notice a difference in the movement in my teeth, more so in the first month. This month, not so much movement going on that I can notice (but can feel, isn't that strange), but my partner says he can notice a slight difference in my facial features, obviously in my jaw area.

Also, My orthodontist recommended this to me http://www.gcasia.info/content_GC_Tooth_Mousse.html . The dental assistant told me it was to help prevent getting cavities, due to not being able to clean my teeth as well due being in braces. (Mainly more common in children, rather than adults). I've been using it morning and night after cleaning my teeth since I've had my braces on, and my teeth feel and look stronger, and my gums are a nice pink colour, rather than a dark pink. My whole mouth just feels healthier. :D If I don't use it, I don't feel clean for some reason. Maybe its in my head, but I can't stress more how much I love this product. :D I wish I was using it before I had braces as well! Is there anyone else out there that uses anything special?
-Slight upper crowding
-Moderate lower crowding
-5mm overbite
-Right posterior crossbite

weird_wired

#2 Post by weird_wired »

That stuff looks amazing. I have suffered from this nightmare exposed root for over a year now - apparently that mousse stuff fixes it - so I have ordered two boxes of the stuff from here:
http://www.dentalshop.com.au

Let's hope it works, and that it arrives soon!

Btw how do the flavours work? There seem to be five, but I couldn't pick during the ordering process. So I've emailed and asked for vanilla, and mint if they don't have that. Or is it five in a single box or something?

Cannot wait - thanks so much for the tip ;)

HollyDontSpend

yea

#3 Post by HollyDontSpend »

My dentist uses that all the time when I go in. I like it MUCH more than my fluoride gel and ACT because it feels so weird and I like the smell. HA! It's more fun to use! Ok, I admit, I am easily amused. :lol: :lol:
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05

Kim

#4 Post by Kim »

You get a 40g tube of whatever flavour you want. I've been using Tutti-Frutti, coz that's all they had left in stock at my dental surgery. I want to try Vanilla, so hopefully they have some for me next time! haha. I found so far that one tube last me just a little over a month. So its easy enough for me to just buy a new tube every month when I go in for my adjustment. :)
-Slight upper crowding
-Moderate lower crowding
-5mm overbite
-Right posterior crossbite

Gigabite

#5 Post by Gigabite »

Thanks for the heads up, Kim...it sounds awesome, I might order some for myself, too.
I used to constantly chomp on Recaldent mints when I was living in Japan. It's great to know I can get the same product here in Oz.
Damon 3 braces