Pre-Adjustment Rituals

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Carmella

Pre-Adjustment Rituals

#1 Post by Carmella »

I know I always relax (from my strict ortho diet) and let loose before I have an adjustment, since I know that I will get my orthodonic accessories changed.

I have ceramics and a clear powerchain right now, the powerchain is on my bottom teeth only on the left half of my teeth adjusting my midline.

I just had a big turkey sandwich piled high with ever dreadful yellow MUSTARD!!!! Also treated myself to some very nice RED WINE over the weekend, all with no shame!! :banana:

Just wondering if anyone else treats themselves to curry, coffee, tea, mustard, or any other indulgences before an adjustment!

Adjustment at 2:40 p.m. today, wish me luck!

Al Carter

#2 Post by Al Carter »

Carmella
LOL - I was just thinking about the same thing.
I ahve an adjustment next week and will definitely enjoy a lovely glass of red wine the night before.
I may even have some Indian food too!
Work to live
Live to bike
Bike to work

momof2grlz

#3 Post by momof2grlz »

The week before my adjustments I always drink as much iced tea as I want and even throw in some mustard on my sandwiches. Then it's back to water and plain for seven more weeks.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

Betty Bat

#4 Post by Betty Bat »

Had my first adjustment today and all they did was change the ligs. But, over the past few days, I've had a few more cups of coffee per day and a glass of red wine each day. So, I just wanted to make it worthwhile to change the ligs!

Next time, I'm supposed to get a heavier wire - don't know what I can do to make that change worthwhile, also. Any suggestions?

sarahlp

#5 Post by sarahlp »

I eat what I like, when I like, dont let the braces or elastics/ chain worry me!!