Still an overbite???

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

b3nault

Still an overbite???

#1 Post by b3nault »

I am supposed to be getting these off in about 1.5 months, but do you think I still have an overbite? Is it me, or is this normal for a bite?

Also, doesnt the tooth on your left look as if it could tilt/straighten out a tad more?

Chris

#2 Post by Chris »

Looks great to me!

Count the days, you are in the home stretch!!!

They can still "tweak" more things with the retainers, you know.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

b3nault

#3 Post by b3nault »

Chris wrote:
They can still "tweak" more things with the retainers, you know.
That is what I am hoping. As you can see, on your left side, they are still trying to close together my top and bottom teeth (it goes on a pretty decent slant from right to left). I am afraid this will just make my overbite worse and result in my two front teeth hitting on the bottom brackets worse than they already are.

hannah164

#4 Post by hannah164 »

I think they look incredbily awesome! :thumbsup:
Congratulations!

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

Keith

#5 Post by Keith »

Looks awesome. I hope my teeth look that great!

drazda

#6 Post by drazda »

I can only hope for teeth that look like that. We're our own worst critic. Your teeth look great.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

b3nault

#7 Post by b3nault »

drazda wrote:I can only hope for teeth that look like that. We're our own worst critic. Your teeth look great.
Oh geez, isnt that the truth! I wonder if anyone elses front teeth come in contact with the bottom brackets at the end of their time like mine? It makes me feel the overbite is still there, which wasnt that bad to begin with.

Chris

#8 Post by Chris »

I think the only way they can change that deep bite is with jaw surgery in adults. Braces can only do so much in adults. At least thats what I've been told. Perhaps you'll feel better after the braces are off.

Do you have any "before" photos you can post?
Top Braces June 2004
Debanded January 2007

b3nault

#9 Post by b3nault »

Chris wrote:I think the only way they can change that deep bite is with jaw surgery in adults. Braces can only do so much in adults. At least thats what I've been told. Perhaps you'll feel better after the braces are off.

Do you have any "before" photos you can post?
Unfortunately I do not. I am hoping that I will like them better once they are off. I just pray my front tooth does not groove any worse than it already is. :(

texasangel

#10 Post by texasangel »

b3nault,

I am getting my braces off soon also, and I will still have an overbite, but I started with a very deep bite.
Like Chris said, sometimes the only way to fix some adults overbite is jaw surgery, and I DID NOT want that, so I will still have an overbite, but my teeth are straighter and my arches are wider.

Your teeth do look great!
Braced on 1/10/05 - full metal- woo hoo!!
Braces coming OFF 5/31/06 !!!

b3nault

#11 Post by b3nault »

texasangel wrote:b3nault,

I am getting my braces off soon also, and I will still have an overbite, but I started with a very deep bite.
Like Chris said, sometimes the only way to fix some adults overbite is jaw surgery, and I DID NOT want that, so I will still have an overbite, but my teeth are straighter and my arches are wider.

Your teeth do look great!
Do your two front teeth hit your bottom brackets though?

Do your molars touch yet?

texasangel

#12 Post by texasangel »

b3nault,

Yes, my top teeth started hitting the bottom brackets in these last few weeks. I STILL have my bite blockers on the back of my 2 front top teeth (it was only supposed to be for a few months, but it's been since Jan.05!!)
And my molars ARE finally meeting/touching because on my last adjustment my doc put a 'reverse curve'?? wire on my top arch. At last I can chew a lot better.

Good luck !
Braced on 1/10/05 - full metal- woo hoo!!
Braces coming OFF 5/31/06 !!!

kelly12300

#13 Post by kelly12300 »

I wish my teeth looked that good after getting my braces off :( I think your teeth look fantastic!
~*~Kelly~*~

b3nault

#14 Post by b3nault »

texasangel wrote:b3nault,

Yes, my top teeth started hitting the bottom brackets in these last few weeks. I STILL have my bite blockers on the back of my 2 front top teeth .

Good luck !
What are bite blockers? Is this something to help prevent your two front teeth from hitting the bottom brackets?

Chris

#15 Post by Chris »

texasangel wrote:

And my molars ARE finally meeting/touching because on my last adjustment my doc put a 'reverse curve'?? wire on my top arch. At last I can chew a lot better. !
That gives us all hope. I can wait for my back to come together.

Did you notice that it was harder to chew as your arch got wider?
Top Braces June 2004
Debanded January 2007