Excitment! Getting Braced in 24 hours

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Gel

Excitment! Getting Braced in 24 hours

#1 Post by Gel »

Hey all, My journey will officailly begin tomorrow. I'm really excited, but still nervous. I'm keeping up with the yoga techniques to keep me going for the rest of the day! any last minute advise before goingin? can't wait. Hopefully it won't be as bad as the spacers, which the pain eventually began to decrease. Well, wish me luck and I will let you know how it all goes!

It is better to aim for the stars and land in a tree than to aim for a tree and land in the mud.
Gel

hannah164

#2 Post by hannah164 »

Congratulations and Best of luck Gel!

I would just have some of your favorite hard crunchy sticky foods of the "no-no list" before going in. Also have some lip balm such as vaseline because your lips will get dry.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

:thumbsup: :-#) :-88 :banana: :)

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

walks

#3 Post by walks »

Gel, it sounds like you are going into this with a great attitude. My attitude was somewhat less than great :) and after the ortho assistant finshed the banding, she said "you're thinking what the heck have I done to myself?"...that's exactly what I was thinking! After just a couple of days, the weird feeling of all of that hardware in my mouth started to subside. Good Luck to you :!: :!: (having lip balm with you is good advice...)

nvcarissa

#4 Post by nvcarissa »

Lip balm...exactly. You will feel like your lips will never go back to their normal size after being stretched open for an hour and a half! Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of orthodontia.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.