My new Damon 3's w pics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

melli

My new Damon 3's w pics

#1 Post by melli »

Hello everybody!
I finally have my Damon 3's! I hated the whole process.. :roll:

I thought that the idea of having the brackets on a kind of plastic tray made from my prints in order to tranfer them all at the same time on my teeth instead of having the brackets put in one by one was a good idea...ohhhh was I wrong!!! :? It felt like my teeth were melting when the ortho used the "blue light" to transfer the brackets on my teeth! :shock:

When I went to rinse my mouth for the first time after having the bottom and top on, I have to admit that I thought "arhhh what have I done??" :x

So far I have trouble speaking and of course eating!! I am still not quite sure I did the right thing..but now that I have them on...no turning back uh! I am still wondering what I'll be eating for the next couple of days! :(

I going to bed now..hoping that it won't hurt tooo much tomorrow...

I hope the pic. works..I'm not very familiar with with this way of posting pictures!!

TuZZi

Re: My new Damon 3's w pics

#2 Post by TuZZi »

melli wrote:Hello everybody!
I finally have my Damon 3's! I hated the whole process.. :roll:

I thought that the idea of having the brackets on a kind of plastic tray made from my prints in order to tranfer them all at the same time on my teeth instead of having the brackets put in one by one was a good idea...ohhhh was I wrong!!! :? It felt like my teeth were melting when the ortho used the "blue light" to transfer the brackets on my teeth! :shock:

When I went to rinse my mouth for the first time after having the bottom and top on, I have to admit that I thought "arhhh what have I done??" :x

So far I have trouble speaking and of course eating!! I am still not quite sure I did the right thing..but now that I have them on...no turning back uh! I am still wondering what I'll be eating for the next couple of days! :(

I going to bed now..hoping that it won't hurt tooo much tomorrow...
All of that is exactly the same as the rest of us went through. You'll get used to it. Just give it time. Just wait until you go back for an adjustment and they add more things to your mouth!
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

Attagirl2

#3 Post by Attagirl2 »

Looking good Melli. Congratulations.
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

melli

#4 Post by melli »

Thank you soo much!
I am in even more pain today..so I take pills every 4 hours...I was wondering how things are going with the new system on your bottom arch? I read in the forum that you have been having trouble with tatar..what a pain!
I was also wondering if you noticed a change in your bone structure due to the widening of the arch...
Thanks

raregem

#5 Post by raregem »

I know, that blue light made it feel like my tooth was burning!

Some adjustments make you want to curl up in your room for a few days, especially the first and when they "add more things", but others won't hurt much at all.

For me getting adjustments is becoming the most painful part of the process. My teeth are so sensitive from being braced so that metal thing they use to open and close brackets hurts alot.

gemini

Daemon 3s

#6 Post by gemini »

Any pre-instalation advice for a future Daemon 3s user?
Should I load on Advil before I go in? LOL

jcdamon3

#7 Post by jcdamon3 »

Gemini,

Everyone's experience is different. I have damon 3's and have had 3 adjustments so far and hardly any pain. Yes, it hurts but it is not so bad that I have to swallow aspirin every four hours. Each time I have had an adjustment, I have taken 2 aspirin, one or twice. That is 4 aspirin after each adjustment. What little pain in there goes away after the second day. Everyone's experience is different so "your mileage may vary".

I have also not had any trouble with them opening my brackets. In fact I didn't even know they were doing it last time. I knew she was doing something -- it felt more like she was cutting the wires, which I thought was weird. Then I realized she was opening the brackets.

I am looking forward to my next adjustment which is December 7th.

Cheers!