What kind of brace do you have?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

felicity_and_reece_mommie

What kind of brace do you have?

#1 Post by felicity_and_reece_mommie »

Does anyone have sapphire braces? They are like ceramic but they don't stain. The ortho said that they are like diamonds. Just wondering how you like them?

Shelby014

#2 Post by Shelby014 »

I just have regular old metal braces, but i was just wondering how could anyone afford these sapphire braces? I bet they cost 2 arms (cuz regular ones cost 1!!!!) and a leg!! I mean who could afford to put 'diamonds' in you mouth?!
( not to hi-jack ur post!)
Shelby
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]

felicity_and_reece_mommie

#3 Post by felicity_and_reece_mommie »

They aren't really diamonds they are just like them....I don't know how to explain it but they a smooth and clear like a diamond. He through mine in free...he didn't charge me any extra.

Infamy

#4 Post by Infamy »

Ceramic braces do not stain, either.
Formerly known as Jim

Natasha_26

#5 Post by Natasha_26 »

Hello,

I have ceramic braces and being an indian my diet consists 90% of the time of curry. The great thing is that my ceramics havent stained. I really like my ceramic braces..i have had a few pics taken and the best thing is that u cant even see the braces in the pics. Even I had to look really carefully and the only thing I could see was was the wire going throught the brackets.

Betty Bat

I have sapphire brackets

#6 Post by Betty Bat »

I have sapphire braces on my upper teeth and metal on the bottoms. I can confirm what the others have been saying - the ligs will stain and the brackets will not. I'm still not exactly sure what the differences are between the ceramics and the sapphires, but I suspect that the sapphires are "stronger" and less prone to breakage?

(I'll add that even on the uppers, I have two metal brackets on each side, in the back, where they don't show)

cookie

#7 Post by cookie »

I have ceramic braces on top (3M clarity I think) and regular metal brackets on the bottom, and yes, it's only ever my ligs that stain not the actual brackets.
Ceramic top braces 14 Dec 2004, Ceramic top braces OFF 2 Jun 2006
Metal bottom braces 26 Apr 2005