ANYONE ELSE addicted to the MIRROR??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lyn

ANYONE ELSE addicted to the MIRROR??

#1 Post by Lyn »

Hey

I was wondering if anyone else is addicted to looking at themselves in the mirror. :lol: I find myself spending way too much time looking at my teeth.
In the car, in the bathroom, etc. etc. where ever I can find a mirror,
I just look at my teeth [hence - braces]. It is like I am obsessed with seeing if they are moving or not..........progress!!! :D
I usually don't look at my hair or even what I am wearing......just my teeth!!!
ha ha ha LOL Just wondering if I'm alone..........????

:pinkbraces:
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

alexa

#2 Post by alexa »

9 months in and I still look at my teeth every five minutes.
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Danny

#3 Post by Danny »

Yep! My wife makes fun of me when she see's me staring at my mirror.
BE HAPPY!

Danny

HollyDontSpend

yep

#4 Post by HollyDontSpend »

Since I got my braces, I have looked at the mirror ALL the time! Even now that they're off, I STILL gaze at my teeth in the mirror. :lol:
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05

hannah164

#5 Post by hannah164 »

I definitely find myself looking in the mirror way too often! I guess I'm looking for progress now that I've gotten bottom braces, I'm hoping things will get moving now with my smile after a year and a half! :x Now I just can't seem to get used to how much metal there is in my mouth! :roll:

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

Juliet

#6 Post by Juliet »

Yes, I even look at my teeth in the rear-view mirror when I'm at stop lights. My O/C about my teeth is driving my husband crazy:)

glowstix

Re: yep

#7 Post by glowstix »

HollyDontSpend wrote:Since I got my braces, I have looked at the mirror ALL the time! Even now that they're off, I STILL gaze at my teeth in the mirror. :lol:
holly you're BEAUTIFUL!! i can see why you'd look in the mirror a lot!! :wink:

by the way i have my braces off and look at my teeth with the essix in all the time. :lol:

metalmouth moi

me too

#8 Post by metalmouth moi »

Yeah !, I'm not alone . Any reflective surface will do... tinted car windows, the microwave , and there is this one mirror at work that I gravitate to LOL. It's like I expect my teeth to move before my eyes :-*
metal braces upper and lower May 12/05

drazda

#9 Post by drazda »

lol, I'm the same way. I expect them to move before my eyes! Oh why can't they :(
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

Grace

#10 Post by Grace »

I used to look at the mirror a LOT but not much anymore.

fins

#11 Post by fins »

My upper teeth actually got super straight recently and I admire them frequently, usually only in the rearview mirror of the car :lol: LOL I don't pay attention to them at home unless I am cleaning them.
fins

Clo

#12 Post by Clo »

Me too !

And the mirror has never been cleaned that much also. I think by the time
my braces are removed, I will have cleaned away that mirror ... :roll:

Evelyn

#13 Post by Evelyn »

hehe I do that too...it's especailly funny in the school bathrooms when everyone's primping their hair or putting on makeup and there I am trying inconspicuously (sp?) check out my teeth, oh yes, I spend waaaay too long sitting in front of the mirror staring at my teeth... afterall, that's the only way too see progress right?
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Snow

#14 Post by Snow »

Every morning when I come to work, one of the first things I do is to take my pocket mirror out of my purse and put it next to my mousepad so I can look at my teeth from time to time. One day I left that mirror at home, and boy, it was annoying and I don't know how I got through that day!! :lol:

-Snow
Spacers in: 7/20/2005
Braces on: 7/27/2005
Clear braces both top and bottom
Treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces off: 7/26/2007

Shagers

Re: ANYONE ELSE addicted to the MIRROR??

#15 Post by Shagers »

Lyn wrote:Hey

I was wondering if anyone else is addicted to looking at themselves in the mirror. :lol: I find myself spending way too much time looking at my teeth.
Hi, um, my name's Shagers, and I'm, like, I'm, a mirror, um, addict. It first started as, like, a casual glance, but soon I became a junkie... :)

Yeah, if I'm not looking once an hour, something's going on. Basicially every opportunity I get, I'm using it.

alexa - Just think: If you spend 14 hours awake a day and look in the mirror every 5 minutes that's 45,864 sneak peeks. If every one of those was 5 seconds, then that's, like, 4 and a half days! :)
Shagers - Braced Aug 05
--
Lipton Mr T - finally, a tea for the real man. I pity the coffee drinkin' fool.