Great news! My teeth are ahead of schedule! (PICS NOW!)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KittyW

Great news! My teeth are ahead of schedule! (PICS NOW!)

#1 Post by KittyW »

Great news from my orthodontist today...my teeth are ahead of schedule in the treatment plan!!! They'll be in my mouth 1 year as of Dec. 7th. They took pano xrays of my head/mouth this afternoon and apparently all the pain and agony I've endured the past 11 months has been worth it!

It was exciting to see the ortho and his assistants getting all excited about the huge change in my bite, smile etc. Seeing my "before" teeth pics from a year ago, it's astonishing really.

Today they gave me a heavier "finishing wire" for my lower teeth and warned me that I'd hate their guts tomorrow because my teeth are definitely going to hurt. They're already starting.

I'm happy tho...because my teeth are moving along at a faster pace than expected, the ortho said he can spend more time fine tuning the "shaping" of my individual front teeth.

So, to all of the newly braced, those having a tough time of it...HANG IN THERE!!! Stay focused on the end result.
Last edited by KittyW on Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Damon 3 - Dec. 7th, 2004
17.5 month duration
Debanded, gorgeous smile on May 16, 2006

hannah164

#2 Post by hannah164 »

That is wonderful news Kitty!

Congratulations on getting through this! I'm just hoping I will once get to where you are! :wink: THis gives me something to look forward too!

Hope your teeth don't hurt too bad from the finishing wires!

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

KittyW

#3 Post by KittyW »

Thanks. Jamba Juice is my friend! :) I've been popping Advil every 4 hours. I forgot to mention that I got a new powerchain on the top front 6 teeth. The ortho asst. said they stretch out after a few weeks...the old one she took off must not have been doing much because the new one...well, OUCH dammit!!! :twisted:

I will admit...I've been crusing since my last adjustment...not much pain. So I guess I was due.
Damon 3 - Dec. 7th, 2004
17.5 month duration

KittyW

#4 Post by KittyW »

I just added my pics. :)
Damon 3 - Dec. 7th, 2004
17.5 month duration

hannah164

#5 Post by hannah164 »

So much progress KittyW! Congratulations! :jump:
Thanks for giving us some hope to hold on to! :wink:
I too absolutely love Jamba Juice and live there after every adjustment! :-88

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

Lyn

#6 Post by Lyn »

KittyW
WOW!!! :o
My teeth (bottoms) look[ed] EXACTLY like yours!!! I can't believe it!!! Even the same fillings!! I have the spring on the same teeth and the one tooth (behind) still does not have a wire on it.

You have given me so much hope!!! My teeth have really been hurting this past week. I go in on Tuesday for an adjustment. Because of the crowding, my ortho is shaving each tooth [bottom] to make room. :x it really hurts when he does this...........uses some type of sandpaper file thingy!!! I do not have spacers, like you.

Thanks for the encouragement. I can't wait to see my progress in a few more months!!! :D

:pinkbraces:
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

caryca

#7 Post by caryca »

it's a great news!

and a nice progress :lol:
6/4/2005: 2nd premolar extracted+ spacers in
6/13/2005: clear braces: top and bottom
next 'date' on 18th Nov. ...and the bottoms might be off then?!:-) top will stay until Dec. before xmas.

Natasha_26

#8 Post by Natasha_26 »

Thats great..congratulations!!

Your teeth are looking really good and straight.

Upper and Lower Ceramics

KittyW

#9 Post by KittyW »

Lyn,

Are you my twin? lol :lol:

RE: the coil. I think I had my dates and that photo screwed up. I actually didn't get a bracket on that tooth in the back (lower front) for about 2 months into things because things were too crowded to even fit a bracket on that tooth. I had the spring from day 1 tho. Oh, and no spacers except for a few days before I got braced.

Man alive my teeth hurt like hell all night and even worse this morning. Mostly my rear molars. My husband and I are going out for Thanksgiving dinner so I plan on having a few glasses of wine to kill the pain. My teeth haven't hurt this bad since the first week I had braces!

Hopefully in 6 months I'll be in retainers and FINALLY be able to get the professional Zoom whitening done. That was the reason I went to my dentist in the first place. He was the one who sent me to an ortho! I'll be having my fillings re-done with the tooth colored fillings too :)
Damon 3 - Dec. 7th, 2004
17.5 month duration

Gigabite

#10 Post by Gigabite »

Amazing progress, Kitty!
KittyW wrote: I'll be in retainers and FINALLY be able to get the professional Zoom whitening done. That was the reason I went to my dentist in the first place. He was the one who sent me to an ortho!
This is EXACTLY what happened to me! I was expecting to pay a few hundred dollars to make my teeth look nicer... my dentist suggested orthodontic treatment (on the first visit!) and now I've ended up spending a few thousand. :shock:

I'm glad that I got braces, though. :)
Damon 3 braces

Evelyn

#11 Post by Evelyn »

AWESOME Kitty! They're looking great, and so quickly too! Definately an inspirational story

xoxo Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Chris

#12 Post by Chris »

Great News, Kitty!!

P.S. Can you take a side shot with your teeth apart and then closed?
Just wanted to make some comparisons with me. :wink:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

weird_wired

#13 Post by weird_wired »

Wow - congratulations! I can't believe how quickly your lower tooth moved. And they are so neat and beautifully in line now!