Molar tube fell off

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bleh

Molar tube fell off

#1 Post by bleh »

So I was eating a sandwich the other day and suddenly my left-side molar tube falls off. :x

My question is: how important is getting this fixed ASAP?

I ask because I'm currently away from home, and will be until mid-April.

By the way, my braces are only a couple of months old and were installed to close the gap between my two upper front teeth.

Thanks for any replies.

Wingnut

#2 Post by Wingnut »

that depends... was there a wire in the molar tube?

bleh

#3 Post by bleh »

I think so. The wire itself isn't damaged, though.

HeadgearJoe

Re: Molar tube fell off

#4 Post by HeadgearJoe »

bleh wrote:So I was eating a sandwich the other day and suddenly my left-side molar tube falls off. :x

My question is: how important is getting this fixed ASAP?

I ask because I'm currently away from home, and will be until mid-April.

By the way, my braces are only a couple of months old and were installed to close the gap between my two upper front teeth.

Thanks for any replies.
hi , i think you'll be just fine those come on most all molorbands or molorbrackets, however if your like me an wear headgear or lipbumpers you will need it replaced, headgearjoe
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

Wingnut

#5 Post by Wingnut »

Call your orthodontist and ask what they think you should do. If there was a wire going through it, it was there for a reason.

bracesrok

#6 Post by bracesrok »

I agree with Wingnut. You should check with your orthodontist. One time mine came off and they wanted me in within a week but other people's probably dont matter as much.
-~!Ashlee!~-
braces are alright, but i still can't wait to get them off!