Brackets on bottom of upper teeth.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jules

Brackets on bottom of upper teeth.

#1 Post by Jules »

:( I just got braces today and they do not look like anyone's I have ever seen. The brackets are not placed in the center of my two front upper teeth like EVERYBODY else in the world. I have large front teeth and have plenty of space so they could have been placed in the middle. Does anyone else have their brackets placed at the very bottom of their top teeth? I feel like an even bigger dork than I thought I would.

ebjones1

#2 Post by ebjones1 »

Can you post some pics? :wink:

T4raegirl

#3 Post by T4raegirl »

mine are more on the top of my teeth...but i like it cuz u can't see them as much
*~*Live to LOVE and LOVE to live*~*
CSULB Class of 2010! Go Beach!
BrEa OlInDa HiGh ScHoOl ClaSs Of 2006!

Top Metal Braces: October 20, 2005
Lower Metal Braces: January 2006

[/url]

butterfly

#4 Post by butterfly »

HI! Image

Maybe using this technique your large front teeth will move upwards into the gumline a bit to make them look smaller?
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

Evelyn

#5 Post by Evelyn »

nope, my brackets are towards the bottom of the teeth, but hey I like it that way! They're basically below my top lip when my mouth is open so it doesn't cause as much irritation and also it doesn't make my lips stick out like I was worried it would. If you want a pic, I'll post one up for you but be glad, I count it as a lucky thing. ~Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Jules

#6 Post by Jules »

I would post a pic but I have no idea how to do it since you can't upload directly from your pc.
Glad to hear someone else has them at the bottom! And you're right - it does seem to have it's advantages - the brackets do not irritate my skin or puff my lip out!
Upon further inspection, it looks like the assistant placed the brackets in the middle of my teeth originally (I can see the glue up there) but the Ortho moved them to the bottom. Guess he wanted them there. I had just never seen anyone or any pics of ppl with them at the bottom.

LynnVon

#7 Post by LynnVon »

My braces are toward the bottom of my teeth also. They were in the center of my teeth but several brackets broke because of my bite so he moved them and now things are okay. That may be the reason he placed yours on the bottom also.

jimmy18

#8 Post by jimmy18 »

Jules wrote:I would post a pic but I have no idea how to do it since you can't upload directly from your pc.
www.photobucket.com
I think that is how most people upload onto websites. Hope it helps.

Jules

photo

#9 Post by Jules »

alexa

#10 Post by alexa »

Yep. Mine are placed pretty close to the bottom. I don't think it looks that bad. Your's don't look bad either.
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom