Goodie Bag

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

wating4braces

#16 Post by wating4braces »

Wow. Mine was weird, I guess. I'm pretty sure it didn't come with a toothbrush or toothpaste! It did have: a few floss threaders, a list of foods I couldn't (shouldn't :lol: ) eat, a laminated sheet about how to brush your teeth with braces on, a laminated sheet that had a picture of what your teeth look like if you brush and if you dont brush (during and after braces), two proxybrushes, an envelope of wax, a timer (to time how long you brush with a manual brush), and a T-shirt.

Katie

butterfly

#17 Post by butterfly »

I got a small plastic case with all the stuff inside: travel size v cut brush with a tiny spiral brush hidden inside the handle, a big brush with one feature each side of the handle (one side v cut, one side spiral), a box of wax, a mini tooth paste, floss and floss threaders. Besides the big brush and the floss I keep all these items in my hand bag.
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

Svensk Tiger

#18 Post by Svensk Tiger »

Some of these sound amazing! All I got was a bottle of fluoride mouthwash and 4 small packs of wax :lol: I used the mouthwash up ages ago but still have more than half my wax left. In all fairness though, although I'm paying for my treatment it's at a NHS hospital using all NHS equipment so I didn't really expect anything. (Now waiting for someone to come along and tell me about their fab NHS goody bag :wink: ).

My hygienist does give me free stuff though so far I've had: a bag containing a (big) bottle of fluoride mouthwash, a manual toothbrush, an electric toothbrush (just a cheap one which I only use for travel as I have a sonicare), toothpaste and floss. She's also given me a mini floss and mini tothpaste and some inter-dental brushes, so I've not done too bad there :D This is at a private practice though so is perhaps to be expected?
Metal upper and lower: 6th Sep. 2005
Quad helix in: 1st Dec. 2005
Quad Helix out: 31st March 2006
Surgery (upper/lower/genio): 11th Nov. 2006
Braces off: 17th March 2007
Under chin liposculpture and fat transplant to cheeks: 20th October 2007

bejay23

#19 Post by bejay23 »

I am strating to feel bad too. All I received fromy ortho was a plastic bag containing wax, a paper container with floss and 5 threaders, a travel tooth brush, and regular sized toothbrush and a timer.

I wanted an electric toothbrush and a t-shirt like everyone else. :lol:
Bejay23
Damon 3 upper and lower; Crowding

H Rogers

#20 Post by H Rogers »

I'm sorry for those of you who didn't get a chance to enjoy a goody bag, perhaps you guys will be the ones with the best goody bag when braces time comes off. :D My orthodontist gave me a goody bag when I got my braces put on and I got a v cut toothbrush, a travel size toothbrush, travel size toothpaste, floss, floss threaders, 2 spiral proxy brushes, 2 containers of wax mint and cinnamon, and egg timer, an orange/red/yellow rubber type bracelet with ortho's office name on it (like those yellow cancer armstrong bracelets) a pamphlet on how to brush your teeth with braces and a no-no list and a tshirt. Goody bag and tshirt both just had the name of the orthodontist with address and phone #. I get offered more free wax if I need any and a toothbrush if I need it. Last month we got 2 free pencils with the Ortho's office name on them. In the entry way of my Ortho's office where you check in they always have a plate of fresh low sugar cookies and water, tea or coffee to drink. :D Guess they are just trying to keep us brace faces motivated.

LoobyLou

#21 Post by LoobyLou »

My goody bag was highly unexciting - 1 V-shaped manual toothbrush, 1 tiny container of wax, some disclosing tablets, one interdental brush, a sheet on what not to eat and that was it. Hmmmmmmmm and how much am I paying for al this!!!??? Not that I'm ungrateful... :roll:
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

Shagers

#22 Post by Shagers »

wating4braces wrote:... and a T-shirt.
Katie
Love your sig Katie.

I've got to ask, what was on your t-shirt?
Shagers - Braced Aug 05
--
Lipton Mr T - finally, a tea for the real man. I pity the coffee drinkin' fool.

babymetalmouth

#23 Post by babymetalmouth »

I just though idd bump this post up and add for all the people who only got wax and stuff..

I didnt get anything :cry: All the other NHS orthos get stuff but mine doesnt... I have to pay 50p per diclosing tablet, 4 pounds for wax!!!! yes 4 quid! and mouthwash, i was paying 4 pounds a bottle but have found cheaper, I was using normall floss becuase its 6 pounds for a box of 30!! wow a months worth.. Stop complaining!! Atleast you got something!!
Sorry for typos, I BLAME MSN!

mindwaves

#24 Post by mindwaves »

Here is what I got:

1) regular toothbrush with ridges
2) wax
3) floss threaders
4) some mouth guard thing
5) some laminated sheet showing what I cannot eat and what my teeth would look like if I did not brush
6) a mini bristle toothbrush

So envious of some of you guys....

babymetalmouth

#25 Post by babymetalmouth »

LOL!!! I realize I sounded a bit spoilt then but seriosuly I have to buy all of my stuff myself, I mean all of it, and its annoying becuase I work but I havent got paid yet. And seeing as other people on NHS get them I though I would. So I didnt mean to sound spoilt!! :oops: Sorry!
Sorry for typos, I BLAME MSN!

jcdamon3

#26 Post by jcdamon3 »

I got all the normal stuff, toothbrush, wax, proxy brush, etc plus I got a gift certificate to Jamba Juice!
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Jillianleab

#27 Post by Jillianleab »

I got an "Orthodontic Survival Kit" in a neat-o animal-print box! It had three packets of wax, three proxy brushes, a travel toothbrush, regular toothbrush with proxy on the end, mirror, floss, floss threaders, a list of the "no-no foods" and a card with what happens if you don't brush well enough on one side and common braces problems and how to fix them (poking wire, etc) on the other side. My hubby was jealous - when he had braces as a teen he got one piece of wax wrapped in wax paper and sent on his way!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

jmrut22

#28 Post by jmrut22 »

Wow I feel really good about my goodie bag. I got wax, floss, v shaped toothbrush, list of things not to eat and a ROTODENT electric toothbrush with 3 heads, & tongue cleaner, ROTODENT picks and the bag had a smily face with braces on... Although I bet I paid for the toothbrush in the treatment. I'd say the toothbrush was close to 125.00 US Dollars.

CLAmom

#29 Post by CLAmom »

I got a zippered bag with a couple v cut travel toothbrushes, 3 or 4 containers of dental wax, some threader flossers, & this big fridgie magnet listing all the forbidden foods. At my 2nd adjustment I also got a t shirt. That's all.

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

Echo

#30 Post by Echo »

I got the same survival kit as Jillian. My son recently had his braces removed at the same ortho I use, and he received a big water bottle loaded with all the candy you're not supposed to eat while in braces. I thought I had read somewhere that our ortho gives you a certificate for a free portrait when your braces come off, but my son didn't get that. I didn't take him to his debonding appointment or I would have asked.
[/url]