Elastics Story

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

metalmouth moi

Elastics Story

#1 Post by metalmouth moi »

Chatting @ coffee break today and a co-worker asked about my elastics. Her son had just completed his ortho work and hadn't needed them. I explained what they were for. I added that I'd been going through them like crazy lately. I'd dropped a bag on the floor and my new pup spewed them all over. Many many little elastics. trying to pick them up before she ate them , not cool first thing in the am :o . Another co-worker asked if I'd dropped some in the staff restroom. Possible I replied , I also had a bag that had a hole in the bottom. Well, I counted 21 elastics on the floor , she piped up. Well , the whole table burst into laughter. And just what were you doing that you so diligently counted ...??? she was asked :oops: :-* :dance:
Who knew that elastics could be so fun!
Moi
metal braces upper and lower May 12/05

MusicIsMyLife

Re: Elastics Story

#2 Post by MusicIsMyLife »

metalmouth moi wrote:Well, I counted 21 elastics on the floor , she piped up. Well , the whole table burst into laughter. And just what were you doing that you so diligently counted ...??? she was asked
LOL :oops:

I swallowed one over the weekend. First time that happened. I decided not to bother taking them out to eat a piece of bread. I was so absorbed in watching Grey's Anatomy that I didn't notice. Only till much later when I was going to brush my teeth, that I realized there was only one elastic in my mouth. :?
Lesson learned: take them out always to eat.
Braced Sep. 29 '05
Tongue crib inserted Oct. 6
Tongue crib removed April 5
Estimated treatment time: 20 mths

drazda

#3 Post by drazda »

When are elastics used? My ortho said I will need them only at the end of my treatment.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

metalmouth moi

drazda

#4 Post by metalmouth moi »

Hi drazda,
Right now they are trying to distalize my back molars. They are using 4 coil springs, and elastics. They maintain constant pull on the teeth (so the assistant told me ). Think everyone's treatment varies. :mrgreen:
Moi

metalmouth moi

Karen

#5 Post by metalmouth moi »

Oh kk I SOOOOO agree. The whole table at coffee BURST out laughing. Glad she's not inspecting my house cleaning at home :lol: :-*