Favorite celebrity smile

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Marguerite

Favorite celebrity smile

#1 Post by Marguerite »

I have never really had a favorite until today when I saw some red carpet photos of Ziyi Zhang, the Chinese actress who is starring in Memoirs of a Geisha. Her smile is absolutely beautiful! The teeth are perfectly shaped and white without being too white. You can tell it is her real smile, or else some dentist did a fantastic job.

swellen

#2 Post by swellen »

I don't have a favourite but I'll go the other way and tell you one I can't stand: Keira Knightly. She seems to think it's cute to push her bottom teeth forwards as she smiles but it seriously drives me nuts. I avoided seeing Pride and Prejudice simply because she was in it... I ended up going to a charity screening and liked the movie but she DID irritate the crap out of me with that smile! And it's clearly not natural because when she's caught off guard she doesn't smile that way. I don't know why it bugs me so much but I feel my blood pressure rise with each cutesy grin... :lol:

amychelle

#3 Post by amychelle »

http://i.imdb.com/mptv1.gif

Ziyi Zhang - Had to look her up.

merrily

#4 Post by merrily »

I never noticed Ziyi Zhang's smile per se, but I think she is one of the most beautiful celebrities out there. She was in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Hero, and Rush Hour 2 for those who don't know. I wish I could look like her! I'm Chinese, and to me she is the quintessential Chinese beauty.

drazda

#5 Post by drazda »

Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

weird_wired

#6 Post by weird_wired »

Swellen - agreed 100% about Keira Knightley. Unbearable. (Besides, once you've seen the Colin Firth/Jennifer Ehle version of P&P, why bother with anything else?)

I personally don't like over-perfect teeth (ie mega-veneered). Hilary Duff's teeth are just ghastly now - all she needed was a bit of bleaching, not those great long horse-porcelain fangs. I appreciate that some people need veneers to cover serious defects or injury to teeth. But generally I think it looks better to have 90% perfect "real teeth" than 100% perfect fakes.

brandee987

#7 Post by brandee987 »

Hilary Duff's teeth are just ghastly now - all she needed was a bit of bleaching, not those great long horse-porcelain fangs.

I agree weird wired.. I was going to say my fave celeb teeth were NOT hillary duff! lol... Personally I like Carrie Underwoods teeth..also Jessica Alba's teeth... But I googled Ziyi and her teeth are so pretty too...
Ceramic Upper braces: November 29, 2005
Metal Lowers go on: March 7th, 2006

MusicIsMyLife

#8 Post by MusicIsMyLife »

I agree on Hilary's horse teeth. But she did mention in an interview that she had chipped some teeth due to the microphone when singing. :? Seems silly to crack your teeth that way. Maybe it's just a BS excuse she's feeding the media.
Braced Sep. 29 '05
Tongue crib inserted Oct. 6
Tongue crib removed April 5
Estimated treatment time: 20 mths

Marzipan

#9 Post by Marzipan »

I thought Keira Knightley had a wicked underbite and can't help doing that. But I've not seen her other than in movies.

Certainly I agree that the Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth version of P&P is unbeatably perfect. I'm not sure I can bear watching Keira's feistiness in that story. She's not my cuppa, that's for sure.

Favorite celeb smile? I like imperfect smiles. I like Lauren Hutton's smile because I love that gap and feel a kinship with all gap-toothed people (although my gap is going to go away). I love Eric Bana's slightly crooked teeth.

Gel

#10 Post by Gel »

I don't know, but sometimes people are just comfortable with who they are. I'm glad that they can show that to the world. I really like Jennifer Aniston's smile

It is better to aim for the stars and land in a tree than to aim for a tree and land in the mud.
Gel

amychelle

#11 Post by amychelle »

Steve Buscemi has always been an actor I adore, but his teeth are horrible. But, hey, he's still making a wonderful career for himself. Not all movie rolls are made for the pretty people. I kinda like to think his teeth match his acting style, slightly off kilter.

However, I just noticed while searching for an image of his teeth, that he DOES NOT smile with his teeth showing.

And if you'll notice Capt'n Spaulding (Sid Haig - Devil's Rejects) over in my avitar has pretty gnarly teeth also, I guess I got a thing for bad teeth. :GapToothed: My fiances are worse than Steve's. Oh well, I guess I'm not as vain as I thought I was....

http://pictures.ask.com/pictures?q=Stev ... A75&page=1 for more pics.

jennielee81

#12 Post by jennielee81 »

swellen wrote:I don't have a favourite but I'll go the other way and tell you one I can't stand: Keira Knightly. She seems to think it's cute to push her bottom teeth forwards as she smiles but it seriously drives me nuts. I avoided seeing Pride and Prejudice simply because she was in it... I ended up going to a charity screening and liked the movie but she DID irritate the crap out of me with that smile! And it's clearly not natural because when she's caught off guard she doesn't smile that way. I don't know why it bugs me so much but I feel my blood pressure rise with each cutesy grin... :lol:
THIS BUGS THE HE-LL out of me too!! It drove me crazy in Pirates and I don't want to see Pride because of it.

My favorite celeb smile is Hilllary Swank...you see ALL of her teeth!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Shelby014

#13 Post by Shelby014 »

hillary swank has my vote also!! never noticed keira knightley's though, gotta check that one out.
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]

braceface69

#14 Post by braceface69 »

Jessica Simpson, she has FLAWLESS teeth. I can only hope mine look like hers when I'm done!

http://i.teenblvd.com/media/photos/1261/34945.jpg

bbsadmin

#15 Post by bbsadmin »

My favorite "light up the room" celebrity smile is Keanu Reeves. True, he has some lower teeth issues, (and has some upper veneers -- or maybe implants -- from motorcycle accidents) but I doubt he'd be getting braces any time soon. Despite all that, his smile is great!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!