When do i start wearing the rubber bands?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Will

When do i start wearing the rubber bands?

#1 Post by Will »

I have had my braces on only for 1 month....

do I start wearing the rubber bands on the 2nd month?

When did you start wearing yours?
Braces On: 11/1/05
Braces Off: ???

Gel

#2 Post by Gel »

my friend said that the rubber bands don't come until like the last six months, but is probably different for every person. Your ortho hsould let you know when, just ask.

It is better to aim for the stars and land in a tree than to aim for a tree and land in the mud.
Gel

drazda

#3 Post by drazda »

My ortho also told me that rubber bands are at the end of the treatment.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

MusicIsMyLife

#4 Post by MusicIsMyLife »

Doesn't have to be towards the end. I got some at my first adjustment.
Braced Sep. 29 '05
Tongue crib inserted Oct. 6
Tongue crib removed April 5
Estimated treatment time: 20 mths

jenns91civic

#5 Post by jenns91civic »

I think I got elastics in my 2nd or 3rd month (so first or second adjustment) and never got rid of them.
Paramedic student

Full Braces (all metal) 5/12/1999 - 4/20/2005
Class II (overjet) on the left only
Upper and Lower Hawleys

gemini

#6 Post by gemini »

:P
Last edited by gemini on Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evelyn

#7 Post by Evelyn »

back towards the topic, rubber bands can come at any point during treatment, it all depends on why you got the braces in the first place. Some get them as soon as they are braced, and then I got mine after 38 months of being braced. It all depends on the person and their individual teeth. There is no set time that everyone gets rubber bands, although I think that generally they come more towards the end of treatment. Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!