Headgear wear

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

scott75

Headgear wear

#1 Post by scott75 »

HI all

So im back in the high pull type headgear again. I was told to wear it at least 12-16hrs minimum. I cant wear it at work (8hrs) . I have been trying to wear it at least the 12 but its hard without wearing out and about. I rarely sit at home. I have a lot of social outings comming up. Should i just wear it ? Or is cutting the hours to when i can just wear it at home good enough.. I was told it needs to be constant hours in a row otherwise the teeth go back and forth and thats not good..

Im 30 and in all silver braces and most of friends etc.. dont seem to mind my braces and my now 24/7 elastics. Should i just wear it out ??

Any other adults in this situation??

Norelly

#2 Post by Norelly »

Scott, I also wear headgear, I have to wear it 12 hrs+ but I feel really self conscience, I don't let anybody see me with it on, not even my boyfriend, I have to admit that I wish more people would wear it in public or to have the guts to do it, because it's exciting to see the movement you get while wearing it, and I just feel that the elastics I wear 24/7 don't give my teeth the movement the headgear does. I don't know if anybody feels the way I do or if I'm just crazy, so if you have the guts I guess you should just wear it, it's not like anything bad is going to happen. (I should say this to myself, haha)