So what do you LIKE about braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Yayme!

So what do you LIKE about braces?

#1 Post by Yayme! »

Anything you like about having braces?

drazda

#2 Post by drazda »

It makes a GREAT excuse for not eating something you don't want to eat. I like to say I just got my braces tightened, or say that it will get stuck in my braces. Also, I can always say I have a ortho appointment when I don't want to do something, it's a great excuse! I hope I don't come across as a liar... lol.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

Echo

#3 Post by Echo »

I love how people think I am WAY younger than I really am since I got my braces! Heck, I may just keep them on forever!
[/url]

Gel

#4 Post by Gel »

I just like having them on. Maybe I'm wierd or something, but I love the way my smile is straightening up.

It is better to aim for the stars and land in a tree than to aim for a tree and land in the mud.
Gel

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#5 Post by nahky »

Its a good topic of conversation. Great way to break the ice, especially with someone who also has braces. Personally, the girls who wear braces love the idea that im wearing braces aswell...
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

ScatDatJazz

#6 Post by ScatDatJazz »

That they'll eventually come off. :D

Chris

#7 Post by Chris »

I agree with the previous post about having an excuse not to eat something you don't want to eat.

Plus, I get special treatment at some favorite shops like JAMBA JUICE and other frozen ice drinks (I ask that the drinks be "blended well"..no ice chunks...then they give me alittle EXTRA to top it off) :D

It always seems like the frozen yogurt people also give me alittle extra in my cup! Sandwich shops don't give me the "end pieces" when making my submarine sandwiches. For those of you who know "TOGOS", you'll know what I mean.

I like the sympathy factor of wearing braces. :lol: :lol:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Evelyn

#8 Post by Evelyn »

Right now...absolutely nothing.
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

butterfly

#9 Post by butterfly »

People think I am 10 years younger than I actually am.
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

cookie

#10 Post by cookie »

The only thing I like about my braces just now is the fact that they are making my teeth straighter, and that they'll have to come off eventually (still a bit down about it all just now :( )
Ceramic top braces 14 Dec 2004, Ceramic top braces OFF 2 Jun 2006
Metal bottom braces 26 Apr 2005

Ledatru

#11 Post by Ledatru »

Proof for others that you are doing something about your teeth.

"Ew, he has crooked teeth... better get them fixed. -5 respect"

Now it's like

"Oh, he has braces on. His teeth is a work in progress. OK, I can understand that."
Ledatru

gemini

#12 Post by gemini »

"Ew, he has crooked teeth... better get them fixed. -5 respect"
Ahahah...
I guess someone has been playing The Sims too much... :P

Traffic

#13 Post by Traffic »

I've lost about 20 lbs since having braces. It's not the only reason I lost the weight, but it helped to change my diet and cut most ofthe junk food out.

hannah164

#14 Post by hannah164 »

What do I like about my braces?

I guess they are a good excuse not to eat yucky food for dinner because my teeth hurt. ITs also a good excuse to get out of school.

But the pain, the cleaning, and plain annoyingness of them still really get to me.

-'Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05