Pics From Ortho.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

felicity_and_reece_mommie

Pics From Ortho.

#1 Post by felicity_and_reece_mommie »

Here are my pics that the ortho took.

Last edited by felicity_and_reece_mommie on Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drazda

#2 Post by drazda »

I wish those were my before pics lol... good luck!
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

Granola

#3 Post by Granola »

Great photos!

If it were me though, I would take out my name, birthdate, & the orthos name to protect your identities.

shinyam

#4 Post by shinyam »

I agree. Displaying your full name and date of birth could potentially lead to security and privacy problems. I would black them out if I were you.

Bluerain

#5 Post by Bluerain »

You have great before pics and when your done you will look simply smashing!!!!

Blue

PS:Beautiful healthy teeth you have!
Brace's -In-Ovations
Top Wired 2-1-05 / Bottom 10-9-06
Implants being used as anchor's where the wisdom teeth use to be.

shinyam

#6 Post by shinyam »

Are you really the mother of two children? You look about 18 or so...

8)

#7 Post by felicity_and_reece_mommie »

Thanks Bluerain for the complement on my teeth!!! shinyam, yes I'm the mother of 2. I'm 23 and I had my first child when I was 18. Got married when I was 17 (I was NOT pregnant when I got married)...LOL everyone always ask me that so I thought that I would tell you that. Thanks for thinking that I'm younger that I am hopfully I will get that when I'm about 35 or 40....LOL!!

weird_wired

#8 Post by weird_wired »

shinyam wrote:I agree. Displaying your full name and date of birth could potentially lead to security and privacy problems. I would black them out if I were you.
Ditto your children's names and location, if you really want to protect yourself and your family online. I have no clue how big Corning is, but it sounds like it could be quite small and specific.

#9 Post by felicity_and_reece_mommie »

weird_wired,

shinyam wasn't talking about my username. Shinyam was talking about my pic. I had my name, birthday, and orto's name on it and I whited it out. Thanks.

Jules

#10 Post by Jules »

Just wondering if you need braces to have perfect teeth or because of a problem. Reason is - my teeth look VERY similar to yours and I have braces due to a TMJ problem. I have worn my teeth (and bite) down due to excessive grinding.

ELASTICS ARE THE EVILEST THINGS IN THE WORLD!!!

#11 Post by felicity_and_reece_mommie »

Jules,
I went to the ortho because my dentist told me I need braces. The ortho told me I needed surgery because of my bite but I just can't do that.....so I'm just going to get the braces to straighten my teeth. I don't know if I have TMJ nobody has told me that but every now and then my jaws do hurt. Can TMJ do that?

Jules

#12 Post by Jules »

Oh yes - TMJ definitely makes your jaw hurt. I was having such pain at my jaw joint (it wasn't specific pain - like a really bad soreness) that it extended to my sinuses, neck and back. I went to my doctor all of the time thinking I had frequent sinus infections. She finally caught on after she was diagnosed with TMJ.

ELASTICS ARE THE EVILEST THINGS IN THE WORLD!!!

weird_wired

#13 Post by weird_wired »

felicity_and_reece_mommie wrote:weird_wired,

shinyam wasn't talking about my username. Shinyam was talking about my pic. I had my name, birthday, and orto's name on it and I whited it out. Thanks.
I understand that - but those are your real kids' names right? Only not to freak you out, but imagine some creep ringing round the schools in the area:

"Hello, this is Felicity and Reece's uncle. Their mom is at the orthodontist's today, yes that's right, Dr [whatever], she's having isssues with her [info gleaned from Archwired] so she asked me to pic them up from school early."

Blah blah. I know I'm probably overparanoid, but please do take care - I've had online friends in other forums traced and harrassed online via methods like this. Especially if Corning is a small town with only a couple of schools and orthodontic practices. We already know there are pervs on here :(

Anyway sorry for the paranoia! I do hope braces help you with your TMJ, it must be very painful.

jimmy18

#14 Post by jimmy18 »

weird_wired wrote: We already know there are pervs on here Sad
On this message board, or on the internet in general?

Granola

#15 Post by Granola »

On this message board, or on the internet in general?
On this message board (and elsewhere, of course!). As in, there is a reason that it says "NO FETISH POSTINGS" at the top of every page.
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check