I survived my molds.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

calley03

I survived my molds.

#1 Post by calley03 »

I would like to thank everyone who gave me the encouragement I needed to make it this far. I was able to ask some important questions I would not have known to ask without this message board. Anyway, I got to choose the flavor of my mold (i know the stuff has a name?) and I chose chunky monkey cookie dough for the bottom, and extreme strawberry for the top. It was not a bad experience at all. I asked them about ligatures and they said on the bottom they will use damon 3 which are self ligating, and on the top they are using ice brackets and they said they would use clear ligatures. The assistants said they are relatively new and very clear. I asked them if the clear would stain and they said yeah, they could use a color instead or use wires to hold them in place instead of the clear ligatures. I think I am going to go with the wires and stay all clear on the top, with no color, but I am not sure yet. I go back two weeks from today to get them on and they gave me a pill to take that day to make my saliva more dry. I am ready now they are all so helpful and the assistant that is putting them on talked to me for a while and told me they will give me any dental care items it will take to keep them clean. I am excited and can't wait to get this process going. Thanks for all the support.
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05

calley03

#2 Post by calley03 »

I am attaching a link that shows the ice brackets they will use on the top, its the only link I could find, just to see if anyone else has used this type.

http://www.jernigan-orthodontics.com/inspire-ice.htm
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05

the_bufster84

Hey

#3 Post by the_bufster84 »

Hey, im glad they went ok for you. You have put my mind at ease, thank you.

Good look with your braces