What to expect when you get braces removed?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Brooke

What to expect when you get braces removed?

#1 Post by Brooke »

Well, I thought this would be a good topic because we all talk about things that we fear or things that are uncertain while we are wearing our braces but what I haven't seen is information regarding the process of being debraced. Other then the excitement of having them off, what else can I expect? Does it hurt when they take off the brackets? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
*Usually the longer roads lead to more rewarding endings*

Braced~ 10/11/04
Braces come off May 2, 2006!!!!! :)
Hawley Retainer full time!

tkais

#2 Post by tkais »

That is a good question. Mine should be coming off in 6-7 months andam anxiously awaiting debracing.

Keith

#3 Post by Keith »

Another question I have...

is there stains? I've noticed some light staining on the edge of a few brackets. I wonder how it will look when they are off. Anyone?

calley03

#4 Post by calley03 »

My orthodontist does one whitening treatment in my plastic retainers after my removal of my braces. Don't know about everyone else on that subject.
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05