porcelain or ceramics?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

latichas

porcelain or ceramics?

#1 Post by latichas »

hey this is probably a dumb question but is there a difference between porcelain and ceramic braces. Everyone on this site speaks of ceramic braces but my ortho offered me porcelain braces on my upper teeth. Is there a difference? Does anyone have porcelain braces? or had their ortho call their braces porcelain.

ceramic upppers, metal lowers 1-23-06
next adjustment March 21,2006

AustinWired

#2 Post by AustinWired »

My ortho almost always said 'porcelain.'
Braced 1/27/2005
De-Braced 12/5/2005
Ceramic brackets, now in Essix retainers!

latichas

#3 Post by latichas »

AustinWired wrote:My ortho almost always said 'porcelain.'
hey thanks for responding I was starting to get worried. what kind are yours? Do you know who makes them? My ortho uses Rocky Mountain Porcelain braces and I did a google and a yahoo search for it and could not find anything?

latichas

#4 Post by latichas »

hey thanks meryaten
That makes since now as why nothing would come up under porcelain on google search.

AustinWired

#5 Post by AustinWired »

I have no clue what kind they were! Sorry. :oops:
Braced 1/27/2005
De-Braced 12/5/2005
Ceramic brackets, now in Essix retainers!