People with soft pink ligs...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Yayme!

People with soft pink ligs...

#1 Post by Yayme! »

could you post pictures?

Thanks!

nvcarissa

#2 Post by nvcarissa »

Here ya go. This is when I still had ceramic uppers.

http://img458.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... nt36yi.jpg

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

ssfw

#3 Post by ssfw »

Hi Nvcarissa,

I will probably be getting clear brackets and wanted to know how visible the soft pink ligs were? Do all ligs, other than the clear not stain? Any other suggestions for colors to use that are not too visible?

ssfw
nvcarissa wrote:Here ya go. This is when I still had ceramic uppers.

http://img458.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... nt36yi.jpg

Dreamer

#4 Post by Dreamer »

I don't personally care for the look of the smoke ones but do like the silver ones..they don't seem to show stains at all and they look good when you have to get power chains too.
If you use mustard at all you won't like what it does to paler colors and the clear ones are a nightmare if you drink coffee or tea!
full metal braces 4/26/05~~debanded 12/13/07!
12/13/07 bonded retainers + wrap around hawley

weird_wired

#5 Post by weird_wired »

I'm not having too much problem with coffee/tea staining, because I mainly drink through a straw.

When eating, I basically avoiding getting any food on my front four uppers. That said, even round the sides, the staining is minimal.

If you're careful, you will be able to keep clear ligs relatively unstained.

nvcarissa

#6 Post by nvcarissa »

Looks like your questions about staining got answered. If you are worrying about staining, you need to go with darker colors. I hated dealing with staining and the size of the ceramic brackets so I switched to all metal. I think the colors look nicer next to the metal. Just my opinion.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

Echo

#7 Post by Echo »

I have had both light pink and light blue ligs and did not have the trouble with staining that was mentioned above.
[/url]

bckydgardnr

#8 Post by bckydgardnr »

My ortho uses pearl ligs on my ceramics. They stay really nice for about 4 weeks, which isn't bad since I go back every 6. I always have to ask special for them because they won't hunt for them unless you ask.

gardnr
11 months in
bckydgardnr
braced 1/18/05

swan

#9 Post by swan »

Golden ligs may be another option. They don't stain. On my metal brackets they were very discret, I think they would work well with ceramics also.

If you want to see a pic of them on metals, go to my WWW link below and scroll down.
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.

H Rogers

#10 Post by H Rogers »

Wow Swan your teeth look great! :thumbsup: :jump:
Thanks for posting what gold ligs look like on ceramics. I think I'll try that, I like how it looked.

ssfw

#11 Post by ssfw »

Hi Swan,

First, your teeth are looking great!

Thanks for the info about the golden colored ligs - what color are they?, I couldn't really see them from the picture (which is what I want).

ssfw
swan wrote:Golden ligs may be another option. They don't stain. On my metal brackets they were very discret, I think they would work well with ceramics also.

If you want to see a pic of them on metals, go to my WWW link below and scroll down.

nvcarissa

#12 Post by nvcarissa »

Wow! I like those gold ligs...I may try that next time around.

ssfw

#13 Post by ssfw »

Are the golden colors gold in color? It was difficult to see the color which is why I may want to choose this color for my ligs.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

swan

#14 Post by swan »

Yes, the golden ligs are really a metallic gold in color.

KK, those (fourth adjustment) have been my favorite, too, so far, even though usually green is my favorite color :-)
I'm going to try a darker shade of purple next year in spring.

Thanks for the compliments on the look of my teeth. Right now they feel quite wonky, because the bite doesn't quite fit together with everything moving, but of course they're already much straighter than they were.
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.