very loose front tooth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kander

very loose front tooth

#1 Post by kander »

help,
my last adjustment was last wed, so 4 days ago.
my L front tooth is pretty loose. so much where if i actually touch it it can
wiggle. i feel like i need to push upwards on it and can tell it's loose.

is this normal or should i call my ortho asap. i would hate to lose my tooth.
braces on 2/2/05
ceramic top and bottom
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

amychelle

#2 Post by amychelle »

When braces put pressure on your teeth, the periodontal membrane stretches on one side and is compressed on the other. This loosens the tooth. The bone then grows in to support the tooth in its new position. Technically, this is called bone remodeling.
Archwired's "How Do Braces Work? Page - click for link

You are in your "loosens the tooth" stage. It will be ok. I promise.

Ok, maybe promise is the wrong word... Promise is such a strong word... Kind of too much commitment for me considering I am neither an orthodontist nor a dentist, or an assistant for that matter...

But I strongly feel that you will be fine. :wink:

dena

#3 Post by dena »

I'm sure this is normal, but call you ortho next week if you are nervous. You can describe your situation and they'll let you know if it sounds serious to them for any reason.

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

Jenn17780

#4 Post by Jenn17780 »

You can call just to double check?