Glyoxide?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ebjones1

Glyoxide?

#1 Post by ebjones1 »

When I got my tongue pierced years ago, I used this oral rinse called Glyoxide to help my mouth heal. It comes in a small bottle (at Walgreens or CVS it's like 8 bucks) and you either put a couple of drops in your mouth and swoosh or put it on your tooth brush. Anyhow, it healed my piercing incredibly fast.. I saw it at CVS the other day and realized that this stuff would be GREAT for healing the little sores that come along with braces.

Has anyone used this? I'm positive it would help, but I've never seen anyone mention it before. Y'all should go get some - I'm really glad I remembered it! :wink:

lesdents

5 extractions! Ouch!

#2 Post by lesdents »

Hmmm - I'd ask the ortho before putting any chemical in my mouth! Then you can do it without any anxiety about what it'll do.

Also, how were your extractions? I just had two done and it still hurts 3 days later!

ebjones1

#3 Post by ebjones1 »

Glyoxide is made for oral irritations like canker sores and stuff.. So I know it will be ok :wink:

My wisdom teeth extractions went fine - No bruising, no pain.. Just swelling and groggyness for about four days. I get my other extractions January 6th.. Hopefully they'll be a breeze after my wisdom teeth!

ssfw

#4 Post by ssfw »

Glyoxide is great for cold sores. It is expensive for a small bottle but works quickly.

ssfw