off midline?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Shelby014

off midline?

#1 Post by Shelby014 »

How do they correct an off midline? When i first started, my midline was perfect, but now it's off a bit, so i was just wondering how they were going to correct this? I am thinking elastics, but i might be wrong, any replies are much appreciated!
Shelby
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]

hannah164

#2 Post by hannah164 »

I believe elastics are generally used to correct a midline. I had a friend who had a diagonal elastic in the front to fix her midline! I think that is fixed at the end of treatment though. :?

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

Evelyn

#3 Post by Evelyn »

Ditto, my midline was fine when I started but somehow through the proces it got messed up. Elastics fixed it though, I'm now glad to say that it's back where it should be.
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Shelby014

#4 Post by Shelby014 »

thanks much, mine isnt off that much, but i just hope that they dont saddle me up with a power chain AND elastics.....that would hurt really bad. :shock: Thanks guys!!
O.o*Shelby*o.O

[/url]

ganeshacake

#5 Post by ganeshacake »

Hi there!
I always have no-simmetry in the midline, I need to push everything to the left, but when I started the treatment the midline was worst...
My ortho said that we need to fix something before correcting the midline, he will put a spring between the braces to start moving things.... and also some elastics....

cheers!

mtbrncofn

#6 Post by mtbrncofn »

I'm glad someone brought this up. I've had no midline problems ever....until now. I got my first powerchain last adjustment and holy smokes, my midline is so off now! It's almost a whole tooth off like yours, Karen. Scared me for a bit there. I must say though, the powerchains have done what they're supposed to do as I have noticed quite a difference in my gaps. Woohoo!
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

Shelby014

#7 Post by Shelby014 »

a WHOLE TOOTH? wow, that like a huge difference. Mine is off like .5 of a mm or something. Not that bad though. I hope i get something "new" next adjustment. I mean I want something a little more exciting then a wire change and lig change.
O.o*Shelby*o.O

[/url]

leah

midline

#8 Post by leah »

Mine is being corrected with elastics. It's not very attractive but it seems to be working really fast. sorry for the blurry picture, but you can get an idea.
best wishes,
leah

[img][img]http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/6104 ... eth2sv.jpg[/img][/img]
lower wisdom teeth cut out 1/27/05 (ouch)
braced 3/8/05.
24-30 month Est.
going full metal 8/22/05
Naked as of August 28, 2006

amychelle

#9 Post by amychelle »

I noticed a few days ago the same thing. My midline is slightly off where it wasn't before. I couldn't wait to get back to my internet connection at work to ask the exact same question.

I have a spacer spring which I'm sure is what is causing it to move, but I also just had my wisdom teeth out so I'm hoping that maybe there is room back there to shift everything back around.

Another question. I don't have bottom braces, so I can't use elastics, can I? How would they move it then? He is NOT leaving it this way...

Then again, there is a SLIGHT possiblity that it only seems to be off because I'm having to move my lower jaw to the side slightly to get my teeth to close (that canine sticks down funny, where it will come over my lowers when it is in place.)

Shelby014

#10 Post by Shelby014 »

wow, i hope that i dont have to wear elastics like that, how do you talk with those in? About when do they start you on elastic treatment? I'm really hoping for something new at my next appointment! Lolz.
O.o*Shelby*o.O

[/url]

strugglebuggy

#11 Post by strugglebuggy »

Wow! :shock: I'm so glad to have found this thread. I never really had midline issues until I got my teeth extracted and they started closing gaps. I hope it goes back to normal. :roll: