Floss a little Easier, FlossFish trials re-open

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bigant63

Floss a little Easier, FlossFish trials re-open

#1 Post by bigant63 »

Hello Everyone,

I'm re-opening the flossFish trials for the arch wired members for a few more weeks. The flossFish The flossFish uses regular dental floss and goes under the wire and between the brackets so that users can floss with braces on without the fuss of using threaders. You can see how it works at http://www.flossfish.com/instructions.html. I'll try to chime in on this message to keep it in the first few pages so that it won't get lost in the threads. People don't seem to look past the first few pages. :D It is still FREE to try I just ask for your input. Go to http://flossfish.com/notificationForm.html?note=newSu and fill out the request form. (you don't need to give me your real phone number, I'll never call, I do need a correct email) In a few months it will no longer be FREE, but I'll talk to Lynn about putting it her dental kit (Lynn, I've got new colors coming :lol: ). Thank you so very much to those that tried it out and gave your feedback. :D

Anthony

bigant63

get em while they're free!

#2 Post by bigant63 »

Our studies have shown that some people have trouble fitting the flossFish into tight spaces during the beginning of their treatment, but towards end of their treatment it cut their floss time in half! Get them while they're free if not for now, for later. :D

Bluerain

#3 Post by Bluerain »

Ok..I signed up and willing to give feed back. :)

Blue
Brace's -In-Ovations
Top Wired 2-1-05 / Bottom 10-9-06
Implants being used as anchor's where the wisdom teeth use to be.

nvcarissa

#4 Post by nvcarissa »

I love mine!!! I only have one space that I can't slip it into, and that should be going away soon.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

Shelby014

#5 Post by Shelby014 »

i submitted a littel sheet, does this mean we will get it in the mail or summin? I got one of those floss popper things from Lyn, but i didnt like it, so i really hope that i like this new fishy thing!!!
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]

montesser

Sign me up

#6 Post by montesser »

I will definitely sign up for a try. It currently takes me 20 to 30 minutes to go through the entire routine of brushing, flossing, and rinsing. I wonder if I am doing too much. I start with Plax, then brush thoroughly, gums and all, then floss, and finally Listerine. My Ortho talked to me about a water pick, but eventually, I've got to get some sleep :wink: .
MR 11-28-05
Next Cleaning 10-19-06
Extractions 1-12-06
Next Adjustment 8-19-06

Granola

#7 Post by Granola »

I would also love to try it, and have signed up. What a good idea. I will be sure to comment on it after I've had a chance to use it. Thank you in advance!

bbsadmin

#8 Post by bbsadmin »

Anthony,

I was finally able to give some of your FlossFishes to my daughter's friends yesterday. I had wanted my daughter to give them to her friends but she's in the "oh mom that's so embarrassing" stage and refused! Hmmp. Yesterday we had a party and I handed them out with instructions after the party, much to her chagrin. Hopefully the kids will follow through and do your survey, but you know how kids are :roll:

Good luck with your second trial!

To anyone not familiar with this product, it is a little gadget that could make it easier for you to floss with braces. You can use whatever floss you want. If you haven't tried it yet, then contact this company and get a free one to try. It's totally legit. :thumbsup:
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

H Rogers

#9 Post by H Rogers »

Thank you bbsadmin for stating that this is legit. I don't like to just give out my information to anyone. I did request a floss fish to see if it will shorten my floss time. I've only had my top braces since July and my bottom since the beginning of November so I'm still in for the long haul.
I hope to receive it soon to try it out and I will answer the survey after I've tried. Thanks again for thinking of us and trying to make braces life easier. :D

Chr1ssy711

#10 Post by Chr1ssy711 »

i would love to try this, but everytime i click on the links it does not show up, maybe the website is down or its my work computer i will sign up when i get home if i can!!
Cant wait!
Chrissy, 20
ceramic Braces
http://www.myspace.com/chr1ssy711Myspace
http://www.chrissytina.comMy Photo site

bigant63

Thanks again!

#11 Post by bigant63 »

Thank You Lynn for giving them to your daughter and her friends. Hopefully it will save them a little time flossing and it won't be so embarrassing. It's wishful thinking but maybe you'll become the cool mom with goods that no one else has. Kids with braces will flock from miles around to kiss up to your daughter and bow to you all because you have the flossFish. They will declare you she highness Lynn, Queen of the .... Ok, well maybe they'll just save a little time flossing. :D

If anyone has any trouble with the website you can email me (info@flossfish.com) your address and I'll put you in the system to receive one, please try the website first. You should get yours in the mail a few days (U.S. folks) after you receive your email notification that it's been sent. If you are not in the U.S. it will take a little longer.

Anthony

Chr1ssy711

#12 Post by Chr1ssy711 »

just wanted to say i got my floss fish the other day! great product! love it!! i am going to tell my ortho about it when i go. im gonna go fill out the survey but i did want to say the thing i would change the most is to make the floss fish colored. i have layed it down on the counter and "lost it" many times. making it colored would really help!!

thanks for a great product!
Chrissy, 20
ceramic Braces
http://www.myspace.com/chr1ssy711Myspace
http://www.chrissytina.comMy Photo site

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#13 Post by nahky »

This product looks way great! I downloaded the instruction, now i cant wait to get mine.
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

Shelby014

#14 Post by Shelby014 »

were we supposed to get a confirmation letter or something? Cuz i submitted that thingy a long time ago, but i never got anything.
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]

bigant63

email conf

#15 Post by bigant63 »

You should of recieved an email saying, something like the flossFish is on its way. if you didn't, email me, and I'll check on it for you. info@flossfish.com

Sorry for the clear ones. We won't be making anymore clear. We have to give them out as samples, because we're running out fast!

We are also making a new one that I'll make available for archwired folks in a few weeks that is designed for children, thighter spaces and gum inflamation. ("I shall call it mini me") :lol:

If your flossFish dosen't fit now between all your spaces hopefully you will be able to use "mini me" to get to the tight areas and the regular to finish. Then as your teeth straighten, you will just need the regular.

I'll let the board know when it's availible.