My braces are coming OFF!!!!!!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

asianflow

My braces are coming OFF!!!!!!!!

#1 Post by asianflow »

I'm so excitied.

I had an adjustment today and I asked my Ortho if I was close to being finished. And he told me I would get them off at my next appointment.
At first it was scheduled for 7 weeks from now (the place is really busy) and then I recieved a message a spot opened this Thursday.

I was asked if I wanted to switch dates and of course I said YES!

My memory is a bit fuzzy but IIRC my lower braces went on April 26th 2003 and my upper braces went on May 12th 2003.

So I've had my braces for almost 2 years 8 months. My initial estimated time was 24-30 months.

Because I've had my braces for almost 3 years I'm not one of those people that says I love my braces so much. I hated getting cankers sores, not being able to eat steak without my mouth being sore, and cleaning after everytime I eat (especially hate it when I'm out in public).

Needless to say I'm thrilled my braces journey is coming to an end and I can move on to the retainer phase.

Went I first started this whole journey I had horrible teeth. I wondered if braces would even be able to correct it. While my teeth aren't model straight they're a million times better than what I had before.

But I must say time does fly sometimes. I remember going to the old archwired board asking so many questions to the veteran brace faces.

I haven't had an apple in over 2 yr 8 months. So I'm looking foward to that.

What a Christmas gift. I'm on Cloud 9 right now knowing in 2 days the braces are finally coming off.

hannah164

#2 Post by hannah164 »

Wow! Congratulations! That is awesome news! WHat an awesome Christmas gift! I kind of feel the same way. Sometimes I still think that my teeth are too bad to ever be straight and perfect but hopefully I will have beautiful straight teeth someday! Let us know how it goes!

:-)o :-V :thumbsup: :dance: :-** :jump: :banana: :HugeGrin:

Congrats!

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

megan_in_pink

#3 Post by megan_in_pink »

wow congrads i am happy for u :D

Evelyn

#4 Post by Evelyn »

Wow, I'm super jealous! congrats Asianflow!!!! That must be the absolute best feeling in the whole entire world-I want to hear all about EVERYTHING when they come off, pics included! Enjoy your time on cloud 9, you've earned it!

Good luck, Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

serendipity

#5 Post by serendipity »

Wow - you must be so happy, I would be thrilled if I was you! Well done on your journey! Please post us and tell us how the de-banding went and post some pictures so we can gawk at your lovely new brace-free teeth.

Take Care

~serendipity~
"Welcome to wherever you are - this is your life, you've made it this far..."

In Braces for 15 months - Debanded Feb 07
Am I Enjoying It? "Hell Yes!"

nvcarissa

#6 Post by nvcarissa »

Great news!! I can't wait to see your de-braced pics! :-88

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

momof2grlz

#7 Post by momof2grlz »

What great news! Congrats.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

HollyDontSpend

#8 Post by HollyDontSpend »

:lol: Congratulations Asianflow!!!!!!!!! What a great suprise for you! :-V :-88 :rawk: :BigTeethGrin:
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05

Paparazzi

#9 Post by Paparazzi »

Congragulations Asianflow. Please post pics when you join the Naked Teeth club.

Qtgirl

#10 Post by Qtgirl »

Wow! Congratulations!!! :jump: :-)o Im jealous as well, dont forget to show us your after pics :D I know they will be great!