Waiting with kids on first visit

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

today53

Waiting with kids on first visit

#1 Post by today53 »

Hello all,

Newbie here, visit the orthodontic this afternoon. The office was filled with kids and their drawings, I believed that I was the only one with age in double digits among others patients, it was kind of strange.

Anyway, I am a bit concern after speaking to the doc, he said that I could choose to have implant or have two teeth pulled out to make room for the braces. I probably will go for the extraction, but just wondering if anyone went for the implant here in this forum and how does it feel?

Also, anyone get braces from their dentists instead of the orthondontic?

cheers
today53

momof2grlz

#2 Post by momof2grlz »

My ortho also does mostly kids (including my daughter). I think his ratio is 75/25 kids to adults. He's known as a perfectionist so I just put up with being the geriatric patient! I try to schedule my adjustments for the morning hours instead of the afternoon when school is over. The office is a little more laid back in the mornings.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

amychelle

#3 Post by amychelle »

My dentist is also my ortho, and I also rarely see children in there. But then again I rarely see anyone in there, we almost never have to wait for a room, he's speedy about getting you into a chair, even if you have to wait once you get there.

This could be because there is a very popular pedeactric dentist in town - he's got X-Boxes and GameCubes and toys and games EVERYWHERE, and his office is set up like a huge Monopoly game. "$10 for winning Best Smile Contest" Chance card on the wall, etc. I wish I was a kid.

I don't know about the implant, although it MIGHT have been an option for me, we never really discussed it.