Bands / No Bands

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gunter8888

Bands / No Bands

#1 Post by gunter8888 »

My ortho says he almost never uses molar bands... even on crowns. While I am certainly not complaining about avoiding the dreaded spacers :-88 , I am curious how common it is to not use molar bands.
Expander in 8/9/06
Lowers on 11/30/06
Uppers on / Expander gone on 1/31/2007
Class III elastics added 3/14/2007
Expander #2 - 6/27/2007
20-24 months w/ fixed metal braces

SweetSheena

#2 Post by SweetSheena »

HI!
Well, I only have 2 molar bands which or on the bottom, I dont have any on the top. My neice, doesn't have any at all. I'm not sure if this will help but just thought i'd reply.
*~*I was here to leave my mark!*~* :)

06/2007 - Braces off
[/url]

drazda

#3 Post by drazda »

Don't molar brackets fall off a lot easier than molar bands? I don't have the bands, and I knocked out two molar brackets in my first two weeks of having the braces. I thought I could eat whatever I want, now I eat a lot more carefully.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

megan_in_pink

#4 Post by megan_in_pink »

i have no moral bands

olderchick

#5 Post by olderchick »

No molar bands for me either.

i814u2c

#6 Post by i814u2c »

I have 8 molar bands + 2 more on my 1st premolars on top. The two were put on so the appliance I get in January to hold my front teeth forward while pushing the molars backward. I had brackets on them but the appliance needs the bands to attach.
37 YR F METAL TOP AND BOTTOM
TOP ON OCT 04
BOTTOM ON DEC 04