OH NO, I broke a.....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lyn

OH NO, I broke a.....

#1 Post by Lyn »

Hey !
I broke a ceramic bracket today!! I don't know how I did it, but when I was brushing earlier today I noticed it.

Should I call the ortho or do you think it will be ok? It is the top corner piece (very small) but just the same I guess I should go get it checked out.

What would you do??

:pinkbraces:
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

AustinWired

#2 Post by AustinWired »

You'll feel better if you call, but it's probably nothing to worry about. I had one come completely off the tooth on the second day, and they didn't see me for a whole week. It didn't hurt or anything... just hung out on the archwire for a few days. :lol:
Braced 1/27/2005
De-Braced 12/5/2005
Ceramic brackets, now in Essix retainers!

Lyn

#3 Post by Lyn »

OK - Just got back from ortho office.

I gave them a call first thing this AM. They told me to come right in. I was scared like........I'm in big trouble!! :lol:

Anyway, the bracket is fine. The two little hooks at the top are there to hold on elastics - if needed........I'm not going to need elastics, so it is ok. He'll check it again when I go in for my next adjustment (1/3/06).

I was really hoping he would change my ligs while I was there. I super stained them [yellow] with honey mustard the other day. They look awful! :x I am not liking these clear ligs, they are really hard to keep clean between adjustments. Oh@3ll :roll:

Happy Day!!

:pinkbraces:
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7