My first steps: spacers

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gsx

My first steps: spacers

#1 Post by gsx »

Hello
I'm very excited for the moment. Today the ortho has put me the spacers in the "#6" pieces, both upper and lower and also has took me the molds.
Next week I will be bracketed with ceramic brackets and I wanted to share the experience with you
By the way, the spacers disturb, ok they don't hurt so much but i feel strange, like chewing gum every moment.

Sorry for the mistakes I'm spanish and I have to translate as good as I can

C U

Jesslzz 01

#2 Post by Jesslzz 01 »

Hello!!!

Welcome to the forum! I'm from Argentina, so we can say "hola" from time to time! I do make a lot of mistakes writing in english but nobody seem to point that out, they're very cool :wink:

I'm also on the spacers stage, but mine are quite painful, since they are metal wire spacers... :evil: I will have them until the 23rd. Hopefully next month I will be wearing full metal brackets, for two to three years.

You will find here a bunch of very kind people with lots of experience in all kinds of braces and stuff.
Good luck and welcome!

gsx

#3 Post by gsx »

end of the first 24 hours on spacers.
Definitively they hurt! Two spacers from one molar have decided to go out (the ortho said that was predictable and doesn't matter). The others are doing his work, by the way that means making pressure and discomfort, specially when eating (not so hard foods hurt too much)

Today was my company's anual dinner: that means a good meal wihout paying for it, and I have been very disconformed with that elastics.

Also, I'm quite good doing silly things, and today I have had a chewing gum (these wich seem made of rocks) only to see if I can support the pain... before that I had been touching my teeth one by one to feel wich hurts more and wich less... stupid, isn't it?

I'm looking forward to have the brackets placed on, just to feel them on my mouth and how I will appear with it... pretty sure I'll damn the day I choose to put the brackets on...

So that's my story for the moment. If I feel enthousiast one day, without being lazy to write, I'll tell you that when I was a child I liked girls with braces, specially the metallic they look the prettier they seem to me... and now that I have to wear them I'm afraid to show a metallic mouth ¿isn't it a dicotomy?
Greetings for the argentinian people (como estas, amigo?) and also for KK (thanks for answering in my posts, friend)

Paul