Another extraction question....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lesdents

Another extraction question....

#1 Post by lesdents »

Hey guys!

Okay, I'm officially one week past my extractions, and healing just fine as far as I can tell. I just got the metal bands and more braces to start closing the top gaps.

However: it was horribly painful on one side of the mouth because the tooth next to one extraction site is incredibly tender. It was excruciating, and it still hurts even to brush it lightly.

Did any of you have teeth near the extracted ones hurt a lot? I think it MUST be related, like because they shared a common nerve or something? I'm just hoping it doesn't mean that part of the bone or nerves are exposed.

Anyone have a simlilar pain? The other side is fine...

**shinyhappybraceface**

#2 Post by **shinyhappybraceface** »

I did. After having four impacted wisdom teeth out, I had horrible pain on my bottom left part of my mouth. It hurt to bite or chew anything, even after the *other* pains had subsided. When I went for my follow up, I asked if the doctor could see any cracks in my teeth (xray) because I was sure he must have smacked a couple of others with his big hands...

They were only tender for a few days after that - he was thinking that maybe it was the teeth trying to move into my empty space. It was awful, but it's much MUCH better now. I can finally eat again.
The future is no place to place your better days. ~DMB

genxsis

#3 Post by genxsis »

It happened to me too. It was painful to chew on a tooth right next to an extraction site. Eventually, after a week or so, it got better. I might be that the soreness of the gum around the extraction spreads to the teeth around it.

Megera_S

#4 Post by Megera_S »

After my extractions the most painful part for me was jaw and tooth pain. I figured since my teeth were packed so tightly they were all relaxing a bit and moving into the gaps. It was also a couple of weeks before I could eat food properly without it hurting the extraction sites etc.

I also think that if you got your extractions done then were braced right away it would be a tad more painful.
Four Wisdom Teeth Extracted: January 2000
Lower First Bicuspids Extracted: Nov. 1st, 2005
Braces on: Nov. 24th, 2005
Duration: 24 months

genxsis

#5 Post by genxsis »

That's what I think too--wait awhile for things to heal before getting braced. Give yourself a break! That's what I'm doing now, even though my dentist said I could start getting braced right away after he did my last extractions. I think I'm going to give it a month.