Notice teeth more

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

missing_tooth

Notice teeth more

#1 Post by missing_tooth »

Do you notice teeth more since getting braced? In the last few weeks I've noticed 2 adults with braces and a ton of people that need braces. I see some peoples teeth and think, my word why don't you have braces?

bajanrose

#2 Post by bajanrose »

I'm not braced as yet, but I tend to notice peoples teeth more, like if they have nice teeth, or if someone's teeth are chipped, or if they're crooked and I notice people who have braces more as well.
TPA (July 27th 05 - Feb 28th 06)7 months 1 day!
Nance (March 1st - Jan 31st 07)

After a total of 22 months and 12 days, I am braces free!

drazda

#3 Post by drazda »

I do notice people's teeth more, and I notice braces more. I think it's just natural.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

brandee987

#4 Post by brandee987 »

Yes !! I definitely notice teeth more since I started getting mine fixed.. I am amazed at how many celebrities that I notice have crooked teeth... I dont think there is anything wrong with having crooked teeth I just seem to notice it more... I have also started looking at what kind of bite people have....lol...im tooth obsessed.... :)
Ceramic Upper braces: November 29, 2005
Metal Lowers go on: March 7th, 2006

nvcarissa

#5 Post by nvcarissa »

I definitely notice teeth more. And I really notice people, young and old, in braces. If I make eye contact with the braced person I flash them a big smile and ALWAYS get one in return.

At my niece's wedding in October, there were FOUR women there with braces and we all commiserated what hors d’oeuvres we could eat and which ones we had to avoid. But it was really fun.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

missing_tooth

#6 Post by missing_tooth »

I started this thread due to a brief converstation I had with someone in line at starbucks.

Today however my landlord came over and I saw he was wearing a retainer. I asked him, "what are you doing with a retainer?" It was obvious that I had made him very uncomfortable. I informed him, I should be getting braced soon. Seemed to be little aid though.

He did have a story though, he only had to pay 500. Something happened with his insurance and they did not pay. He went in to get adjusted and he got slapped with a 3k bill! Youch!!! Nothing like the unexpected.

Jesslzz 01

#7 Post by Jesslzz 01 »

Teeth obsessed too. I think its natural due to all this info but... oh my gosh! Teeth all around!
Teeth in the mirror, in tv, over the internet...Somebody smiles and I feel like I'm studying to become an orthodoncist :lol:

I think it will pass...it is the pre-braces anxiety time. After I get my braces I will only notice Braces...Braces...Braces... :lol:

Top braces on: January 9th, 2006. Lowers on February 14th, 2006
Full metalmouth!

Lyn

#8 Post by Lyn »

YES YES YES!! :-#)

In fact I am so teeth obsessed, my family is getting obsessed too!! My 9 yr. old said the other day - - that person sure could use braces. I almost died. Then just last night my 12 yr. old said, mom I can't wait til you get your braces off so you can get them whitened........he's more excited than me!! he he he

Too funny. I wonder though if the people who still have their crooked teeth (when I am talking to them) feel a little awkward - - like, "yeah my teeth are screwed up too", but they don't say anything.

GOSH

:pinkbraces:
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

amychelle

#9 Post by amychelle »

I do it with everything.

I got a job in a photo lab and all the sudden photography/photographers were everywhere - especially the movies. One hour photo - Stepmom - Pecker (wow, that passed the filter, I was expecting to have to edit) - and TONS more....

I bought a Monte Carlo car and suddenly EVERYONE had one and they were EVERYWHERE. I even started noticing ones that were the same color as mine (granted, its a popular car, but still!)

I started collecting turtle stuff, and at first I couldn't find anything, now... EVERYWHERE. (Findin Nemo helped - little Squirts everywhere.)

I do it with names to. I get a new friend (ah-hem... "friend") and his name turns up everywhere. I hear it in the grocery store, the tv, in magazines. Everywhere.

It's a mental thing. Whatever is on your mind pops out. You filter out most stuff, but the things that you are most aware of pop out even more in everyday life. It's always been there, you just didn't notice.

Pick something obscure and try it for a week. Not too obscure - let's be reasonable here.... something like - whiteout, windex, marshmallows - or a name - Ricky John Linda - you get the idea. See how many times you notice it.

Should be a fun game.