Yikes!! My teeth just creaked....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TuZZi

Yikes!! My teeth just creaked....

#1 Post by TuZZi »

Weirdest sound just happened.... I wasn't really paying attention and was trying to get a piece of food out of my front teeth with my fingernail. My nail slipped, and slid between my almost separated front teeth, and it made the freakiest creaking sound. Natually I had to try and recreate the sound, so I looked closer in the mirror and did it again.... it made the sound and holy crap did my front tooth ever move! It's almost like I was wiggling a loose tooth in the early stages of falling out.

Of course now my teeth hurt and I shouldn't have tried to move them.... but it just had to be done! Has anyone else experienced a weird creaking noise when their teeth moved?
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

Dee

#2 Post by Dee »

Same here. My front teeth both began to be a bit creaky just as they were starting to move. They do not do it now though.

Megera_S

#3 Post by Megera_S »

Mine are creaking and popping and doing all sorts of weird things and I've been braced for just less than a month... The newest thing is that one of my lateral incisors are loose (top left)! :? !!!
Four Wisdom Teeth Extracted: January 2000
Lower First Bicuspids Extracted: Nov. 1st, 2005
Braces on: Nov. 24th, 2005
Duration: 24 months

nimo

#4 Post by nimo »

I don't have braces yet, but I have a couple teeth that click, kind of like they were out of place, and the click is them moving back in place. I'm not sure what that means.

bajanrose

#5 Post by bajanrose »

nimo wrote:I don't have braces yet, but I have a couple teeth that click, kind of like they were out of place, and the click is them moving back in place. I'm not sure what that means.
I've had that happen as well, and I too am not braced. It happened more when I had spacers in, one front tooth would move then come back in place.
TPA (July 27th 05 - Feb 28th 06)7 months 1 day!
Nance (March 1st - Jan 31st 07)

After a total of 22 months and 12 days, I am braces free!

TuZZi

#6 Post by TuZZi »

I also notice now (well for the last 3 weeks or so) that if I push my tongue against my banded teeth, they kind of make a slight popping noise, and move slightly. I'm trying not to do it very often, but I get curious at least once a day to see if they still do that.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

usa1

#7 Post by usa1 »

Mine always do that after a wire change. About 3-4 days later it will stop.
Braces July 26 2005
Treatment time 24 months
Damon 3's top Damon 2's bottom