18 hours to be braced! feelings and questions!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gsx

18 hours to be braced! feelings and questions!

#1 Post by gsx »

Obsesed with my teeth!
One week in spacers and tomorrow, from here to 18 hours, upper and lower braces on it!.
I can't count the hours I have spent in the mirror looking my teeth. At certain moments, they seem "ok not as worrying, why to put brackets? and other moments I thought "damn! this canine is deformed by the lower one, If I only just started before on thinking on braces...
Suddenly my jaw hurts, suddenly not. Then one tooth seems sharp, then I go to the mirror again... and the hours come slowly until the bracket time....
Do I am obsesed?

Suggestion to my last day without braces?
Suggestion to prepare my brackets fitting?

Cheers everybody

Destor

#2 Post by Destor »

Being obsessed with it is deffinately normaly, we probobly all spent a good deal of time in front of the mirror before our braces went on, saying goodbye to the way our teeth looked and etching the image of them without brackets into our minds.

Only thing I would suggest, is try to get lots of sleep (not easy when you're in anticipation of something like this) since it's an hour or two long procedure. Make sure you brush well, and bring some lip balm when you go to get the brackets put on. Having your lips held open by those lip spreaders, for an hour on end, is murder on them, so put plenty on before you get into the chair.

Oh, and savour your last chances to eat and brush easily, because those days are soon to be long gone :D
Braced November 29, 2005. Damon 3's on top and bottom

brandee987

#3 Post by brandee987 »

ok not as worrying, why to put brackets? and other moments I thought "damn! this canine is deformed by the lower one,
This was sooo me! I kept looking at my teeth the night before and telling myself they weren't so bad... but my bite is so bad I knew I had to do it.. I know exactly how you feel though. The night before being braced I was counting down the hours and looking at my teeth nonstop... I still look at my teeth... i am tooth obsessed big time! LOL! I agree with Destor about the lip balm.. Good luck getting braced!! :)
Ceramic Upper braces: November 29, 2005
Metal Lowers go on: March 7th, 2006

gsx

#4 Post by gsx »

many thanks from all of you. I'll post my impressions after braces in a new post!

missing_tooth

#5 Post by missing_tooth »

Eat hard, crunchy, sticky chewy food ... like hard caramels!
I was thinking that today as I was eating almond SPAMMER today.