Got Braced on Tues Dec 20th!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Stacey_Braces

Got Braced on Tues Dec 20th!

#1 Post by Stacey_Braces »

Hi Everyone,

Got Braced on Dec 20th...

The procedure was not as invasive as I thought it would be and it didn't take as long as I thought it would either.

I only got uppers done right now.

I had terrible pain in my mouth the day after (on the 21st) which is starting to go away right now.

I'm starting to get comfortable with the braces. I feel much better about it then I thought I would. I'm not as self-concious as I thought I would be.

Overall, the experience has been a good one for me so far.
My ortho is great and so friendly / helpful

I will post pics as soon as I have my first adjustment on the 23rd so you can see the progress!

Thanks for the ongoing support everyone :)

Stacey

Geri

#2 Post by Geri »

Hi Stacey

Congrats on beginning your journey to a lovely, healthy smile. :mrgreen: Glad the pain is going and you are getting more comfortable with them. It might take a week or two to get adjusted to your uppers and for things to start feeling 'normal' but the time just flies by.

Geri
Music in the soul can be heard by the universe
Upper ceramics: 3 Oct 2005, Lower metals: 1 Nov 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces remove: April 4, 2007!

da25nielle

#3 Post by da25nielle »

Hi Stacey-

I got braces the same day as you. How long do you have to wear them? 12 months for me.

burncycl

Hello all

#4 Post by burncycl »

Hi yall

I got my upper braces on Dec. 21. WOOHOO

Of course I didn't move my upper lip much on the first day, so no pain.
I started talking a lot on thursday and now my inner cheeks are sore. Now i'm trying to quit talking but kind of hard due to I have still work.

I am supposed to be on a 18 month trial non-extraction program. I know good luck to me on that one.

I have spring between my front tooth bracket and my bi-cespid which is the only thing that really hurts.

so what now 17 months 364 days and blah:blah hours hehhee
is it bad that i've already started my count down?

Stacey_Braces

:)

#5 Post by Stacey_Braces »

I don't know how long the uppers are staying on but my treatment is going to take 2 1/2 years in total... ahh!

Stacey

burncycl

#6 Post by burncycl »

morning-

I'm susposed to get my bottom braces put on in June 06, so i'll have full metal top and bottom, hopefully I won't have any pain....hehehe yea right, ok, so I mean hopefully I have very very little pain. I am kind of dredding the day I have the bracket place on the tooth that has to be brought forward. ewwww....sounds painful everytime I think about it. no point worrying about it til the bracket is on.