how do you smile?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

butterfly

#16 Post by butterfly »

I never show my teeth. I am used to do a non-tooth smile :( Photos with teeth exposed get deleted (it's a plus to be the photographer and camera owner of the crowd :D ) I cannot wait for my uppers to morph into an actual arch so I can smile on a photo for the first time :)

BTW I guess I am lucky. My next festive event with heaps of food and photos will be only Passover so there is still some time left :P
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

Phantom

#17 Post by Phantom »

Before i had my braces, i seldom smile in photos or take photos. I was always afraid of displaying my crook ugly teeth.

Now that i'm on braces, i nv stop smiling or showing my teeth. I'm proud of my braces and i love them. I'm sort of afraid i might fall in love with the braces n keep it for life... hahaha..

blaat

#18 Post by blaat »

Probably the very reason why i got braces. I always smiled with a closed mouth not showing any of my crooked chompers while many of my friends were sporting a million dollar smile. Even now i'm smiling without any teeth/brackets showing due to the fact i'm living a very social life right now and i dont want people to judge me just because of my braces (i know, it's absurd but it really happens). Ahh can't WAIT till january the 16th... :shock:
Uppers: Permanent retainer + hawley (night)
Lowers: Permanent retainer

Debanded since the 16th of Jan.

jrbecca

#19 Post by jrbecca »

Since I have yet to get my braces on, and I am very self-conscious about my crooked smile, I usually pose for photos with closed lips.

Since I've made the decision to get braces, though, I've been so excited about taking steps toward a more healthy, beautiful smile, that I've been smiling wide for all photos!

Please join me on my orthodontic journey at: http://jrbecca.blogspot.com/

Brooke

#20 Post by Brooke »

I used to show teeth before braces, but felt kinda uncomfortable with it, as I didn't have perfect teeth... but ever since I got braces and my teeth have straightened up, i feel more comfortable smiling, and I do smile, showing my teeth, with braces on. I just can't wait till I get to smile with them off, :D
*Usually the longer roads lead to more rewarding endings*

Braced~ 10/11/04
Braces come off May 2, 2006!!!!! :)
Hawley Retainer full time!

Natasha_26

#21 Post by Natasha_26 »

I always had a smile which showed off all my teeth despite having crooked teeth. I could never manage the closed mouth smile. Here is a pic of me with a big smile taken during x-mas

Upper and Lower Ceramics

hannah164

#22 Post by hannah164 »

Natasha! That is a lovely smile you have there! :thumbsup: Just curious but how long have you had braces?

I wish I had the courage and self confidence to smile in pictures like that! Except when I smile big like that It just looks dumb and fake! :roll:

Good luck wiht your treatment and keep on smiling! :dance:

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

Natasha_26

#23 Post by Natasha_26 »

Thanks a lot for the positive comments...I am also waiting for the day when I will have a perfect smile.

Hannah..I got my uppers on November 3rd, 05 and lowers on December 21st, 05 so its less than 2 months for uppers and just a week for my lowers.

Upper and Lower Ceramics

Destor

#24 Post by Destor »

Wow, Natasha, you've already got an incredible smile (makes me want to smile just seeing yours), can barely even notice the braces! What problems with your teeth are you trying to fix, if you don't mind my asking, because I can't see any obvious complications.
Braced November 29, 2005. Damon 3's on top and bottom

eds

#25 Post by eds »

I may still have my braces on when I get married next year. I have been thinking about this alot and have heard that you can get photographers that can brush out the braces. Has anyone else heard of this?

Natasha_26

#26 Post by Natasha_26 »

Hi Destor,

It might not seem like my case is complicated at first but after looking at it carefully, people can notice the flaws in my teeth. There was a slight overlap in my front teeth ( which reduced after having braces for a month) and there is a 2-3mm overjet on my left upper teeth only. As for my lowers, they are a mess. There is severe overcrowding and the teeth are really crooked.

Eds:

I think that its possible...I just saw a post with the title: " even models dont have perfect teeth"..there are some really fascinating pics. If its possible to remove blemishes from the faces as well as changing eye colours then I think that professional photographers would be able to remove braces too but I am guessing that it will cost a lot of money.

Upper and Lower Ceramics

swan

#27 Post by swan »

eds wrote:I may still have my braces on when I get married next year. I have been thinking about this alot and have heard that you can get photographers that can brush out the braces. Has anyone else heard of this?
I have heard of it on another thread here on the forum, but have no experience with it myself.
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.

butterfly

#28 Post by butterfly »

eds wrote:I may still have my braces on when I get married next year. I have been thinking about this alot and have heard that you can get photographers that can brush out the braces.
It's a fairly simple photoshop job that can be done even with a home PC. Any decent photographer should be able to do it. Please keep in mind that ANY pro portrait photography is being edited because there are no perfect people in the real world.

butterfly

#29 Post by butterfly »

double post!