I want to use my electric toothbrush

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

calley03

I want to use my electric toothbrush

#1 Post by calley03 »

It has been 8 days since I got braced, and I have not been in any pain really so far. My orthodontist is great and I think they did a good job putting my braces on. Anyway, I have tried a couple times to use my electric toothbrush and my mouth is too sore when pressure is put on my teeth. My mouth does not hurt unless I chew hard, or use my electric toothbrush. I have a spring on my right side and I tend to favor that side because it hurts a little more than the left when I eat. How long did it take you before you were using your electric toothbrush again, I think I will try again tonight and see what happens.
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05

tmitchell

#2 Post by tmitchell »

I continued using my Sonicare when I got my upper braces a week ago. I was tentative at first because my mouth was sore...but the Sonicare felt sooo good on my gums...very soothing. I just put it on the lower speed for my teeth until they started to feel better. My mouth hurt until Sunday...but now I have my Sonicare back to full speed. Just do whatever feels comfortable to you until your mouth is feeling better. :-}
~ Top braces on 12/20/05 ~
~ Bottom braces on 3/14/06 ~