Do you notice imperfect teeth more often now?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ronni

Do you notice imperfect teeth more often now?

#1 Post by ronni »

Since I got my braces put on in August, I have realized that I notice when people's (mostly celebrities) teeth are crooked more often. Like Poppy Montgomery for example, I have watched Without a Trace since the first episode and never realized that her teeth weren't perfect (mainly her bottom teeth) until after wearing braces.

Also, Jessica Simpson. I know from another post that alot of people think she has the most beautiful teeth, but to me, it looks like she needs braces.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else notices things like this more often now that you are in braces.

michael33

#2 Post by michael33 »

yip, all the time. Look at Ethan Hawke, his are severely crooked

hannah164

#3 Post by hannah164 »

Oh I definitely notice everyone's teeth more after braces! I feel like I'm way too judgemental of other people's teeth. :oops: A lot of movie stars have beautiful white smiles but they are way crooked. :?

The funny thing is that most of the time when I see people with braces their teeth are usually pretty straight. It kind of bugs me and makes me feel like my teeth are even more crooked. :(

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

calley03

#4 Post by calley03 »

I seem to notice people all the time too, even people in my everyday life. The person I seem to notice most on Georgia Fox, a detective on CSI. She has a huge gap between her upper teeth. Anyway, maybe I am just overly critical now :)
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05

megan_in_pink

#5 Post by megan_in_pink »

yes all the ime
yea sara on csi has a big gap

felicity_and_reece_mommie

#6 Post by felicity_and_reece_mommie »

I have been working at a dentist office since April and I notice peoples teeth all the time. I feel judgemental too but after looking in peoples mouths all day long it just becomes normal to look at everyones teeth. I won't get braces until Jan. 9th and I will probably notice more then. Yes I agree with you all on Sara that plays on CSI she does have a huge gap and you know that she could get it fix, it's not like she can't afford it or anything. That is with any celebrity for that matter!

dena

#7 Post by dena »

sam waterston on law & order. i also agree with the jessica simpson comment...her teeth are pretty straight, but she looks like she didn't have braces.

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

Lyn

#8 Post by Lyn »

Hey There :-1

Not only am I "teeth" obsessed, I am making my family obsessed too!!! I look at everyone's teeth - - on TV, in the Mall, everywhere we go. My kids are sick of hearing it - - but now they have joined in on the fun of "looking"!! PLUS, I am totally glued to the mirror (not of course looking at ME, but looking at my teeth.) Do they have food stuck, are they moving, are my ligs getting stained again, etc. etc. etc.

YIKES!! I hope this madness stops soon......he he he :jokerlaugh:

:pinkbraces:
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

BlueeyedManda

#9 Post by BlueeyedManda »

I can totally agree with the fact I notice everyone's teeth now. I don't stare at people or make things obviously but alot of time I see some real crooked teeth and think...man that could be me if I didn't grab up the courage and take this plunge. As uncomfortable as the process is, will be more than well worth it.
I don't know how many of you are friends fans but David Schwimmer has a big gap between his front teeth, I never noticed it until later seasons....but it's getting more obvious.

Destor

#10 Post by Destor »

calley03 wrote:I seem to notice people all the time too, even people in my everyday life. The person I seem to notice most on Georgia Fox, a detective on CSI. She has a huge gap between her upper teeth. Anyway, maybe I am just overly critical now :)
I noticed her gap right off the bat, before getting braces, but her space between those teeth is pretty wide, espescially for someone starring on a massively popular show. No offense to her at all or anything, she's pretty good looking even with that gap, but she'd deffinately benifit from having it closed up.

I did notice another character on CSI that has less than perfect teeth though, after getting braces, have you taken a close look at Grissom's? He has some serious crowding on the bottom row.
Braced November 29, 2005. Damon 3's on top and bottom

Jesslzz 01

#11 Post by Jesslzz 01 »

Yes, I'm teeth obsessed too. The other day I saw a really old movie with Tom Cruise and wow, I had never noticed before how crooked his teeth were. Good for him now he is braced!

I agree with you, BlueeyedManda, when I see somebody with really bad teeth I think the same..."that could be me". I'm glad I'm on this braces journey! :D

Top braces on: January 9th, 2006. Lowers on February 14th, 2006
Full metalmouth!

Jesslzz 01

#12 Post by Jesslzz 01 »

Yes, I'm teeth obsessed too. The other day I saw a really old movie with Tom Cruise and wow, I had never noticed before how crooked his teeth were. Good for him now he is braced!

I agree with you, BlueeyedManda, when I see somebody with really bad teeth I think the same..."that could be me". I'm glad I'm on this braces journey! :D

Top braces on: January 9th, 2006. Lowers on February 14th, 2006
Full metalmouth!

brandee987

#13 Post by brandee987 »

Not only am I "teeth" obsessed, I am making my family obsessed too!!! I look at everyone's teeth - - on TV, in the Mall, everywhere we go. My kids are sick of hearing it - - but now they have joined in on the fun of "looking"!! PLUS, I am totally glued to the mirror (not of course looking at ME, but looking at my teeth.) Do they have food stuck, are they moving, are my ligs getting stained again, etc. etc. etc.
THis is me too Lyn!!!!!!!!! I am a tooth-looking-fanatic! :D
Ceramic Upper braces: November 29, 2005
Metal Lowers go on: March 7th, 2006

littleshaddies

#14 Post by littleshaddies »

Since I started the process of consultation and teeth extractions I haven't stoped going on about it. Day one in braces and my best friend saw me and said they look great. Now she has seen the movement and became aware of her two crooked teeth on the bottom. Yes, she is having braces put on early next year.
Everyday I look at someone's smile and think "that is thanks to braces" or "that so needs braces" :lol:
***can't wait to bite into an aple***
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

smiley

#15 Post by smiley »

Yeah, I've become quite the "critic" since I got my braces on - always checking out everyones teeth. No matter how great the smile, seems I see lots of scrambled lower teeth.