Purchased Soniccare today

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

calley03

Purchased Soniccare today

#1 Post by calley03 »

So I posted a couple days ago saying I had not been able to use my electric toothbrush yet, and I got a lot of great feedback about soniccare toothbrushes. My dentist does not give or sell soniccares (I thought he did but they do waterpiks instead), so I had been trying to use my oral be $5.00 electric toothbrush, too much vibration. I went to wal-mart today and too the advice of everyone and bought a soniccare. I used it a few minutes ago and could not believe how great it was. It felt so much more gentle and easy on the gums than a conventional electric toothbrush. I am so happy I decided to buy it I think it is really going to help keep my teeth healthy even after braces.
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05

Traffic

#2 Post by Traffic »

Welcome to the club. Buying a sonicare was the second best thing I've done for my teeth.

BracesAt42

Great Move!

#3 Post by BracesAt42 »

I'm so glad you invested in a Sonicare...buying one was the smartest thing I did during my orthodontic treatment! (I bought one about 2 months into my treatment).

My ortho always commented on what a great job I was doing brushing and how clean my teeth were. Now, I am addicted. Love my Sonicare. I really notice a difference when I brush with it (I use a regular brush after lunch when I am working or at the gym after my workout).

Best wishes!
:D :D :D
Yep, Braces at Age 42!
Damon 2's
Braces On: 9-18-2003
Braces Off: 7-13-2005

Kittysopretty

#4 Post by Kittysopretty »

Oh darn....I had this in my cart at Walmart and then changed my mind and got the Crest SpinBrush. The reason I did was because I saw that Sonicare shoots water out and my ortho just gave me a water pik. I figured I didn't need a toothbrush that did the same thing. After all the raves here, I may get one anyway!!

tmitchell

#5 Post by tmitchell »

I love my Sonicare and I wish that I had bought one years ago. They're expensive but I think that they pay for themselves many times over in the long run by keeping your teeth and gums healthier. It's an investment that I'm sure you'll be glad you made. I especially like the built-in timer. Now, I know that I'm brushing a full two minutes when I brush my teeth. I'm glad that you're enjoying your new Sonicare! :-}
~ Top braces on 12/20/05 ~
~ Bottom braces on 3/14/06 ~

gracie381

#6 Post by gracie381 »

Smart Purchase!! I absolutely loooooove my Sonicare :lol: You won't be sorry!
TEETH IN THE BEGINNING (OCT. '05)
TEETH NOW (Oct. 28, 2007)
Braced (uppers & lowers): 2 Years
Retainer Check: 1-18-08

eoberhauser

#7 Post by eoberhauser »

I love my Sonicare! My boyfriend bought me on for my birthday which was 6 days before I got my braces on. He was like "Don't tell people I got you a toothbrush for your birthday!" Little did he know how excited I was. I absolutely love the 2 minute timer split into four so you know exactly how long to brush. And mine came with 2 speeds, one which is more gentle for those rough days. I'm totally happy with mine.

Evelyn

#8 Post by Evelyn »

I really want one but I keep putting it off since it is a lot of money. The other thing that I'm worried about is replacing the brushes. At the rate I brush, one regular toothbrush lasts me a month tops, so it would be so much money to keep replacing the Sonicare ones.

But it sounds so nice...if I get enough money for christmas I think I'll get one-they sound absolutely heavenly

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

jrbecca

#9 Post by jrbecca »

Thank you for posting on this topic. I'm curious why so many people with braces rave about Sonicare toothbrushes. Are they easier on your teeth, gums, and braces than manual toothbrushes? Do they clean braced teeth better than others? I'm assuming that you don't tote your Sonicare around with you, so what do you brush with after meals away from home?

Please join me on my orthodontic journey at: http://jrbecca.blogspot.com/

jrbecca

#10 Post by jrbecca »

Meryaten wrote:I dunno if this rambling response is any help ;)
It is helpful. Thank you for sharing your tips and tricks! Perhaps I'll start window shopping electronic toothbrushes. :wink:

Please join me on my orthodontic journey at: http://jrbecca.blogspot.com/

calley03

#11 Post by calley03 »

Jrbecca: I feel like my sonicare is not as hard on my teeth as a regular electric toothbrush, and it cleans better. I don't carry my sonicare with me, I use a travel brush, then just brush really good when I get home. Since I got my braces I have been brushing about 5 or 6 times a day.
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05