My bite

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

calley03

My bite

#1 Post by calley03 »

Hey hope anyone out there will to hear my concern will be willing to give me their opinions and info. My teeth have began to move a little. I have 4 bite plates, and because of that my bite feels like it is way off now. My main question is does everyone wear elastics at some point during normal orthadontic treatment, or is it only for certain patients. I had a perfect bite before, but now it is feeling different.
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05

Wingnut

#2 Post by Wingnut »

calley03,

How long have you had your braces? What is the ortho trying to correct? What is a bite plate?

Shelby014

#3 Post by Shelby014 »

a lot of people that i know have had to have elastics, but there are also some that havent had to have elastics, My ortho said that i wouldnt have to have them at the beginning of my treatment, but now i'm thinking that i will because i have developed an off midline, and a cross bite, so yah. And i must ask the same question as Wingnut, what is a bite plate?
hope this helps
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]

calley03

#4 Post by calley03 »

My ortho is fixing gaps. I have 2 mounds of cement behind my front two teeth, and two on my back top molars so that I can't bite too hard and hurt my teeth on the hardware. because of the cement I can not bite down all the way and I am afraid of it effecting me in the end. I am sure my ortho has a plan in mind.

Wingnut wrote:calley03,

How long have you had your braces? What is the ortho trying to correct? What is a bite plate?
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05

Wingnut

#5 Post by Wingnut »

Ahh, what I know as turbo bites. (At least behind the two front teeth.) I had them as well. Your bite is different because your teeth can't touch. Elastics may come into play after you get them ground off, but you won't know until then.

I've never heard of someone needing turbo bites and molar build-ups at the same time; it's usually one or the other. Do you know why he did both?

Evelyn

#6 Post by Evelyn »

Same exact thing happened to me too, my bite was fine before but the braces messed it up. However, they've fixed it now-it feels great. Mine was fixed by different wires and then elastics tightened it up. It'll get back to normal, I promise

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!